This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicknaming the registers...

One day, I got bored with my coworkers in between customers so we began to nickname the checkouts. This is what they became.

Felafel
    Fred
    Steve
    Billy Bob
    Bettie
    Veronica
    Archie

And prior to that, Veronica and Archie were known as Gilligans Island and the Pits Of Hell.

My manager was amused by it though....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Heh, kind of like the some of the names my ISP has for the servers:

Klaatu
    Barada
    Nikto
    Miranda

-and my favorite-

Nacho
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

While I don't have any registers, I have both a cube and an "office".

The cube is known as Big Brother and the "office" (phone room in the basement of the building) is either the Mushroom Farm or the Pit of Despair.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Heh, kind of like the some of the names my ISP has for the servers:

Klaatu
        Barada
        Nikto
        Love these!

LOL...

The cheesiest movie ever! (But still great)

Comment

Lol, my supervisors thought I was insane, the customers were amused though (this was the Saturday AFTER Christmas).
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

If we named our register at work it would be Stupid Thing because mostof the time we are fighting with it saying "stupid thing why won't you work?!"
            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Piece Of Shit 1
              Piece Of Shit 2....

AKA a 15 year old underpowered box running OS/2 and a GUI that has that "vintage" look to it with assorted logos burnt into the monitors.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                Love these!

LOL...

Too bad they remade it...

Comment

I haven't named the registers yet, but I have named one coupon.

It's The Coupon of DOOM®.

Every time a cashier scanned it, we'd have to call a supervisor to allow it. It has (supposedly) since been fixed, but we have to enter it in manually.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I named the espresso bars at work sid and nancy.
                    http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Long ago in a lab I worked in there was an AA instrument, it measured components of sample using a very hot flame.

The instrument was ancient and it's automatic settings weren't holding anymore, so ocasionally it would shoot out a huge flame when you were loading a sample.

People working with it used a foil sheild to protect themselves like a midievil knight facing a dragon. It's a miracle no one got burned.

We dubbed it the AA-ANTICHRIST. This was miserable place to work anyway, one of the old timers said " When I come to work I feel like I've died and gone to hell, and this instrument just confirms it"

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                        Love these!

LOL...

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        Too bad they remade it...
                        Isn't it though? I mean, I like Keanu Reeves and all....but, I don't think this version would ever have made it to the Satellite of Love.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          Isn't it though? I mean, I like Keanu Reeves and all....but, I don't think this version would ever have made it to the Satellite of Love.
                          I bet Gort doesn't look as menacing either.

Comment

In the dark ages, they came and asked us to name our servers for the company network. They then stated 'Warner Brothers characters only'.

Obviously they were out of the loop, because they tried to challenge me on Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

Comment

Years ago, before everybody had computers, there were two that were trundled from desk to desk as needed on rolling carts. One was an elegant wooden jobbie known as the Cocktail Cart. The other was a utilitarian metal affair dubbed the Souvlaki Wagon.
                              Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X