Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A list of 3 of my newest pet peeves(volume 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A list of 3 of my newest pet peeves(volume 2)

- People who let their children climb on the cutting counter.

Do you let your kid do this at home? Do you let your kid do this in other people's homes? No? Why do you think it's okay here? It's annoying as hell, and they are in my way! Get down you hooligan! What makes people think that this is okay? Do your kids get to climb all over the cashier counter too? Arrrrrrgh!

-People who try to boggart the cutting counter.

There are tons of people who are next in line who will put all of THEIR stuff on the counter while I'm cutting for the person in front of them. And they stand WAY TOO CLOSE to the current customer. It isn't your turn, get back in your place! If your stuff is too heavy, we provide carts to put your crap in! Otherwise, I have no room for all of this crap!

-People who have carts, yet they still unload all of their fabric onto the counter at once.

The reason this is annoying, especially if they have a lot of fabric(and it's huge bolts like fleece), is that I don't have room to cut for them if they put everything up on the counter! These people are also notorious for giving me a list of measurments for everything they need cut all at once. I'm not your damn waitress, how am I supposed to remember that?

The next step of suck is when they plop down 15 bolts of fabric, give you their "order" and walk away to do more shopping. Not only can I NOT remember what to cut, but you aren't around to tell me if I forget!

Another instance of suck surrounding this, is that other SC's think that I'm "open" to cut their fabric even though I'm buried to my neck in work for someone else! And then THEY plop down their fabric and the suck cycle continiues!

Or they "just have a quick question", you know, "since you aren't doing anything", but the question isn't quick at all. And then you're stuck helping them too unless you can dump them onto one of your unsuspecting coworkers.

Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
    Or they "just have a quick question",
    There is no such thing as a "quick question". Period. It does not exist. Every time you hear those words, always run like hell, as it can (at least in the tech world) take up the rest of the day/month to sort out.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Whenever I say "quick question" it can be answered in 10 words or less (and normally "yes/no/I don't know/sorry, don't have it").

But yeah... most of my clients, if they say "quick question" I clear my calendar for the day and hope I can get sleep before I have to wake up -- and expect a few follow ups to "clarify" it that take a few hours each as well.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
        There is no such thing as a "quick question". Period. It does not exist. Every time you hear those words, always run like hell, as it can (at least in the tech world) take up the rest of the day/month to sort out.

B
        Hence why I put it in quotes.
        Check out my cosplay social group!
        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post

B
          Unless it is a phone call and you are the only one in the Dept. I gat a lady who had "quick question." Never ordered anything just curious. The call timer said 00:16:66 when I hung up.

Comment

Working...
          X