Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nunavut has invaded a children's show!

Child Rum & I were watching the show "Toot & Puddle" on the Noggin Channel. One of the main characters, I think it was Toot, had to get a book off a shelf because he wanted his friends to know where he was going. It was a huuuuge, heavy book all about Nunavut! (Pronounced by the characters as Noon-ah-voot). It was a cute little story. They have the Northern Lights. And Toot went over an ice bridge and made friends in Nunavut.

Just thought it was cool that it was mentioned.

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
    (Pronounced by the characters as Noon-ah-voot).
    Nice that they actually pronounced it correctly, too.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Wow. I've been wondering how you pronounce it. I've been calling it "Nuva-Nut"
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        Nice that they actually pronounced it correctly, too.
        Did they? Then that's awesome!

Toot & Puddle are about 2 cousins/friends who live together and one or both of them go to other countries and documents what they find there, who they meet and stuff like that. So I suppose the makers of the show want to be as authentic as possible.

Comment

Was pink camo somehow involved?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

LOL ... Nope, didn't see any pink camo at all in the episode. Should I write to the show and complain about it?

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              "Nuva-Nut"
              Sounds like that could be a competitor of Neuticles.

Comment

Oh yes, Nunavut is making its way into the mainstream. On the QE2 in October it was an answer in one of the daily Trivia quizzes. I'm waiting for it to appear in a crossword next.

BTW, if you go to the website of the Nunavut Tourist Authority there are some lovely picture of the scenery and local life. One of the shots is of a 'doggsled'. Yep, that's how it's spelled.
                Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Wow. I've been wondering how you pronounce it.
                  I've been pronouncing it as "none of it." Cause that's how it looks to me.

Amusingly, I wowed some Canadian patrons at the bar by being able to name all 13 provinces/territories in Canada without even thinking much about it. (I cannot for the life of me remember how THAT came up, though.)

Considering the typically American LACK of geographical knowledge, they thought that that was pretty impressive.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post

BTW, if you go to the website of the Nunavut Tourist Authority there are some lovely picture of the scenery and local life. One of the shots is of a 'doggsled'. Yep, that's how it's spelled.
                    Snoop has his own sled?!?!
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Now I've got a variation on the Numa Numa song stuck in my heat.

Nuva nuva nut
                      Nuva nuva nut
                      Nuva nuva nuva nut etc.

Comment

I pronounced it "Nun-Have-Hut'. It makes no sense, but I thought it sounded funny.
                        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Ditto. I've been calling it "noo-vah-noot" or Nuva-nut"
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Noggin is replaying the Nunavut episode right now.

I asked Child Rum if she wanted to go there. She said yes. I asked her to pronounce it.

Her reply?

Noonanoot.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post

Noonanoot.
                              gaaaaawwwwww, that's so cute
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X