This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave my damn cup alone!!

I have a mug at work that I'm rather attached to: I bought it from a cheap souvenir shop on Pier 39 in San Francisco, on a trip with some amazing friends. In fact, that trip may be the highlight of my life, to date.

And people keep taking my damn mug! I finally stopped leaving it in the cabinet, and simply stored it on my desk.

And now it's gone AGAIN. Which means someone came in, and TOOK IT from my desk. I'm pretty damn sure it's the CEO, too; she always uses other people's stuff.

I know, it's a cheap tourist mug, but I don't care!!! I want my dadgum mug back!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

First of all, please report that your personal property was stolen right out of your desk.

Second, here's how to steal-proof your cup:

Give it a good rinse in hot water, then roll some powdered Swiss Miss onto it. Let it harden.

This stuff will not casually wash off. You will have to scrub it. Nobody needs to know it's just hardened chocolate powder but you. Your cup will look like someone bailed out a clogged toilet with it. This chocolate glaze will last through several light washings (which is all I ever did with my coffee cups, I did wash them every day, but only scrubbed them down good with soap and a scrubby occasionally. It was just me using it, and then pouring boiling liquid into it to boot, right?)

You won 't have to worry about it growing legs after that.

Comment

There's no way to prove that it was in my office, since it'd be my word against hers. And honestly, I've been so out of it lately (had to come in to work with a fever a few days this week) I might have left it with the regular cups. And even if I did mention it...she's the final word around here, and I'd get in trouble for making a big deal over a cup.

I DID spot the cup on the CEO's desk, though, so I know she has it. I'm going to wait till it shows up in the sink to be washed, then claim it and hide it in my damn desk.

It's not just my mug: she does this with any cup she likes. In fact, our web guy bought her the same mug as him, and put nice name tags on them. Guess which one she still uses? Geez...possibly the most oblivious inconsiderate person I've ever met....

And I may try the trick with the Swiss Miss--I drink hot chocolate in the mornings anyway.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

What about glazing "Welcome to Hep C" on the inside bottom of the mug so after the thief finishes their coffee they can have a heart attack too.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

nice loud alarm? Or something hooked up to your dalack that it would yell at whoever took it.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

The cup is back in my possession. Waited till CEO was gone to big banquet (whole other story, see the "Continuing Misadventures" thread in Morons in Management), and her ennabling secretary was at lunch. Then I dashed in and reclaimed my beloved cup!! It's now safely tucked away inside a cabinet.

But now I'm thinking of finding a way to chain it down...

Here is my beloved cup, in its rightful place of honor. Also on the ledge, you can see my two lovely Where the Wild Things Are plushies, "Snookums, the Purple-Throated Ferret of Doom," and the teeny Iron Man mouse my friend made me. On the shelf above, you can see the macro of Kirk holding some Tribbles: it reads, "Warm Fuzzies do NOT always make things better."
            Last edited by JoitheArtist; 02-13-2009, 09:15 PM.

Comment

You just don't mess with people's mugs. Imagine if someone messed with Tony Almeida's Cubs mug. They'd die.

Comment

All I can say is.... hang a tag off the mug that reads "I STOLE THIS FROM JOIETHEARTIST"

or perhaps something permanent on it...

or ... just ask the boss... "Hey have you seen my mug?" and if yes... tell her "Please don't do that again."

i mean wtf. the ceo can't afford her own mug?
                what a bitch

Tony Almeida's Cubs mug.
                the cubs? pfffft. teh lamez0rz
                (snicker, jk... mostly... Go yankees!)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  the cubs? pfffft. teh lamez0rz
                  (snicker, jk... mostly... Go yankees!)
                  Screw the Yankees.

(I'm a Mets fan. I should probably go kill myself next September should they blow it again :P)

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                    What about glazing "Welcome to Hep C" on the inside bottom of the mug so after the thief finishes their coffee they can have a heart attack too.
                    I personally don't find this one amusing since Hep C isn't transmitible through sharing utensils or glasses. And I've had to explain this to a great deal of people. Also it just spreads ignorance and fear over the disease.

Though I do support the chocolate powder thing!

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                      Geez...possibly the most oblivious inconsiderate person I've ever met....
                      She's not oblivious, this is a power play. By taking other people's things without fear of retribution, she is emphasizing her position of power in the office, or trying to do so.

Obviously, it's time to start really messing with her head.
                      Last edited by wagegoth; 02-06-2009, 08:24 PM.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Give the CEO this mug (click to got to website)

When they first fill it up they will hold the mug so the top is even. When they put it down they will have a small mess to deal with (hopefully on some important papers).
                        I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Instead of the Hep C... "I have herpes. Now you do too!" would be fun lol

Comment

Once we had a rash of stuff getting stolen at work. I walked in to get something from the Wheel O' Death and saw this sign on one of the fridges:

To Whoever Stole the Partially-Eaten Yogurt:

You better go and get yourself checked out
                            by a doctor because I have oral herpes and
                            you ate after me. Goes to show maybe you
                            shouldn't steal other people's food!

I laughed so hard!
                            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

You mentioned she doesn't use the mug labeled with HER name on it. What about if you labeled it with YOUR name. Something along the lines of "JoihtheArtist's mug - DO NOT TAKE". Sure, you'll probably encounter some ribbing from your coworkers, but I used to do this with disappearing pens and it worked very well.

Ok, I'll admit. The herpes thing was funny.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X