This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap and can't read at Victoria's Secret

My wife and I were in Victoria's Secret last night, picked out what she wanted, and go to the register.

There is a girl checking out, two ladies behind her, me, and two ladies behind me. When I get up there the girl is complaining about a 30% discount. The clerk said no it's 20%, it shows on your paycheck. (I have no idea what all this was about, but it was taking so long they opened another register so others could get checked out).

Then she had picked up a display of some cream, so she had to go back and get another one. The clerk had rang all of her "beauty" products and now was looking at the pile of 12 panties. This was the following exchange.

Clerk: "Did you want all of these"
    G: "I want to know how much it is so far first" (She pulls out an envelope full of money at this point)
    C: $64.48
    G: $64.48, that's not right, the beauty products are 3 for $24.
    C: No, the "rain forrest" ones are, these other 3 are regular price.
    G: Well I thought they were all the same
    (As she is saying this she has turned facing me and the clerk, and I am noticbly sighing and shooting her "Just get on with it" looks.)
    C: Nope sorry, just these three (pushes them in a group)
    G: Well forget it then
    C: You don't want any of it?
    G:Nope

The clerk takes the products behind the counter, and the girl takes the panties back herself. Which I wouldn't have let her do, she may have stolen them.

I walk up, "Bet your real heartbroken too"
    "She couldn't get out of here fast enough.

Keep in mind all of this was going on at 9:15-9:20 PM. The MALL closes at 9:30.

The best part, I think the clerk was actually the manager.

What scares me about that little story is that there's a discount from her paycheck. This means she BLOODY WORKS THERE! Probably at a different location, though.
    oh my god, it's an employee from hell!

Comment

Ooh! I can explain (not why the girl's a moron, though)!

Vicky's is part of a larger corporation (Limited Brands) that includes Express, Limited, Vicky's, Bath & Body Works, among others.

In your store, you get a 30% discount, and you must shop in your store, no going to another branch. If you're going cross-brand (Express employee shopping at Vicky's) you only get 20%, and you need to present a part of your paycheck to get the discount. Also, only a manager can ring any discount.

The dumb girl didn't understand that you get your 20% OR the sale price, not both, or thought she could pull a fast one on a cross-brand manager (happens all the time in my store).

I'm now going to go into my corner and rock back and forth in shame.

Comment

It's changed a lot since I worked at the call center in Rio Rancho 5 years ago. We used to get 40% off, even sale prices, at VS, VSC, Limited, Lerner's, Express, Structure (before it changed to Express Men or whatever their calling it now), Limited, Too (before they spun it off), & Bath & Body Works. And this was through the catalog or whatever store we wanted to shop at. Originally, they weren't going to give us any discounts at all. But, one of the big wigs that was moving out with it put her foot down and said she wouldn't consider coming out here without her discount!

Oh, how I miss that discount. Imagine, Victoria's Secret bras at 40% off! What I don't miss are the stupid jokes I had to put up with. I had to start using my middle name on the phones there, guess why!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Pagan: Nowadays we don't even get the discount in the catalog. Just in store. I'm going back to my corner now.

The manager at our mall's Vicky's has the same problem. She's just glad they don't make her wear a nametag.

Comment

And yet another reason I'm glad I don't work there anymore!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm confused. What's the deal with the names?
              Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                I'm confused. What's the deal with the names?
                I'm guessing they have the name Victoria or some variation there of, and also work at Victoria's Secret. Which would cause a lot of people asking "So what's your secret"

Comment

"My secret? :looking around suspiciously: I don't really work here."
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My secret? *look around for apparent trouble makers*
                    I was born 'Victor'. *grin*
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post

brilliant
                      DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        My secret is that I still AM Victor...

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

My secret? I work here, but I like the stuff at Frederick's of Hollywood MUCH better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X