This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SteverinoNY! View Post
    Jester my friend...if I recall correctly you went to college in your delightful home state that you talk about all the time and wish to move back to someday. I am taking a shot in the dark in hoping this building is where you spent most of your time in college, but here is a link.

Tell me if this is correct... http://www.shopformuseums.com/info/images/asu1.jpg
    Great building. I remember when they built it. Funky as hell.

Sadly, Steve, I only ever took one class in it. I was not, my friend, a Fine Arts major. That building I recognized immediately (as in with one glance--it IS unmistakable) as the Fine Arts Complex. Good attempt. Right school. Wrong freakin' building.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    And yet another shot in the dark....found the map for the campus. Maybe?

http://www.asu.edu/tour/tempe/stauf.html
    No, not maybe. Stauffer Hall was the home for the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication and the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication. As I was a broadcasting major, there was no "maybe" about it....along with my dorm and the Memorial Union (the M.U.), that building without question was my home for many years as a Sun Devil!

Congrats, AA, on your bonus of 20 Maroon and Gold points! And might I say, I am very IMPRESSED! Stauffer is not exactly a visually striking building. Hell, it's boring to look at, especially considering its proximity to the far more visually impressive Fine Arts and Architecture Buildings. How you found it, I don't know. Maybe you remember more of what I've said that I realized I've said.....but in any case, again, WELL DONE!

(Amusingly, I was going to originally ask for a picture of my dorm, but upon further review, it seems that said residence hall is no longer in existence. And I figured that asking for a pic of a nonexistent dorm was a bit much for anyone.)
    Last edited by Jester; 02-18-2009, 06:00 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, I remembered Arizona State because of conversations we've had about various ASU's. And I remembered Tempe campus. Found a map of Tempe campus, and looked at the various building names and if any related to food. I saw a few - Cowden, Coor Hall...but eliminated them for one reason or another. Looked up Stauffer (Stouffer? ) and when I saw it was the communications building, it seemed to remind me that at one point you mentioned being a communications major.

I may have had an advantage because I've spent so much of the past few months navigating my University's web maps trying to figure out where certain buildings are.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
        at one point you mentioned being a communications major.
        Broadcasting major, actually, but I get your point.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, is this the place?: http://iiewww.ccit.arizona.edu//uama...cLarge/35.html
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Renee O'Connor: http://www.celebswap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123101
            Document everything

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              As for the twin sunsets, your second photo was a broken link leading nowhere, and while your first and third picture were closer than anything else I've seen, I have to still say no. But you did walk away with four pointless points.
              Crap, that 2nd photo was the best. I need to find it again!

http://k53.pbase.com/o3/19/694519/1/...rMpls2copy.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/1/685...1ab86d.jpg?v=0

http://www.billoconnellphotography.c...le_Sun_023.jpg

I didn't find the broken link one, but the 2nd one here is my favorite again.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                Absolutely NOT.

Wage, you ROCK. Ten lustful bonus points for you!

Reyneth, the third photo is more of a creation of the clouds. Sorry, no. The first one is good, though not great. But fret not, for the second one is truly fantastic.

I'll sun dry you two points.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Absolutely NOT.
                  Well, I like herrings in sour cream.
                  Document everything

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    http://www.vitafoodproducts.com/prod...A_brandID_E_5#

Here you go! Herrings in sour cream!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      Well, I like herring in wine sauce myself. But if you read a few posts before yours, you'll realize why your answer is just completely wrong.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Well, I like herring in wine sauce myself. But if you read a few posts before yours, you'll realize why your answer is just completely wrong.
                        I thought it probably was when I posted it, but I was in a what the hell kind of mood.
                        Document everything

Comment

Wagegoth, the funny thing is, you posted a building from the school that is my school's hated rival. Check out AdminAssistant's post on the last page to see both the building and the school.

Now, it's grading time. How did y'all do? Not individually....obviously some did better than others. (And wow, do those people have too much free time on their hands!). I meant as a group.

No one actually found any pictures of Obama with full nudity. No, I didn't expect any scandalous pictures, but I figured some asshole had probably photoshopped something by now.

Y'all did find, however, some great pictures of someone riding a bicycle with no wheels, beer-drinking flamingos, jester ghosts, genital-bearing sock puppets, Costanza wallets, pugilistic giraffes, people sporting mondo pink camo, snow-covered palm trees, and twin sunsets.

And there were a couple of decent ones of people pissing into the wind, human-eating cattle, and pirate rabbis.

I saw at least one good one of a figure-skating olive and of a spy beer.

I was surprised that y'all only found one truly disgusting flavor of toothpaste.

While no one found a picture, real or faked, of a tourist-outfit-wearing Bill O'Reilly, someone DID find one even better than that!

No one really found a decent picture of Anna Paquin in a bikini (which made me a sad Jester) or a group photo of multiple athletes wearing the number 13.

So only two major failures. And those are still doable. And major bonus points if someone can somehow find a single image that combines in some way the ideas of those two failures!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Oops - sorry for that second 'seriously NSFW' link... obviously, that's not what it was supposed to link to...I found something somewhere which must have connected to that :blush:
                            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                            X