This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I cut my hair...

...and completely freaked my mom out, apparently.

Now, I know I don't have many pics of myself floating around out there, but I generally keep my hair kinda long-ish, (Though nowhere NEAR as long as joitheartist's Jealous of that, myself) For the most part, it's about to just below my shoulders, sometimes middle of my back.

Thing is, my hair is thick and usually wavy/poofy, and it's a process to wash it, dry it and to get a comb through it. So I went to a place the other day and...well, had it whacked off. It's now just below my neck, right around my shoulders, and when I put it up in a ponytail--which I can do now because I can actually wear my hair up without getting a headache or neckache!!-- it doesn't even reach the bottom of my head, or my neck.

I showed my mom some pics today, without telling her I'd cut my hair. She's scrolling through them over the IM, and quite literally shouts, "Oh my GOD!"

Me:"Oh, btw mama, I cut mah hair...whatcha think...?"
    Mom: It's....so short...
    Me: Yup.
    Mom: Aw, you have your curls back!!
    Me: Yup.
    Mom: But it's so short!!
    Me: ...yes...we covered this already.
    Mom: well, I guess since I didn't bitch about you turning your hair purple, I really don't have room to complain about the length...warn me next time so I don't scare the dog!!
    Me: ok!!

My poor mommy.

But I do likes my haircut!! It's so much lighter and easier to work with. Only 15 minutes to blow dry instead of 40!

That is all...

I cut my hair last year. Literally, that is.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
      I cut my hair last year. Literally, that is.
      there's something freeing about it, isn't there? Or is it just me?

I hadn't cut my hair for the last 6 months or so. (Not since last July...)

and before that, I hadn't cut my hair in YEARS...

Comment

Actually, it is freeing since it didn't cost anything to cut my own hair. Of course, if it had turned out terrible, that would be a different story.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

lol

true enough. I can't cut my own hair. Its too thick. The couple of times I tried, my hair broke the comb and it looked like such a hack job because the scissors kept getting caught. So unfortunately, I need some better grade tools, or just to pay a pro to do it. Luckily there's this place that's relatively inexpensive ($16 for an adult cut) and a stylist who's worked with me before and knows my hair breaks combs. she's experienced it before...

she's the one who convinced me to go this short.

Comment

Ooooh I had my hair down to my lower back and cut it all off! I just felt like I needed a change.
            I was afraid it would look bad or be poofy, but it looked a lot better

Comment

Quoth Summerfly413 View Post
              Ooooh I had my hair down to my lower back and cut it all off! I just felt like I needed a change.
              I was afraid it would look bad or be poofy, but it looked a lot better
              that was my worry. See, my hair's already poofy when I don't blow it out everyday, and slather some de-frizzifier on it. I look like a poodle. (EQ thinks it's amusing, apparently...I'm the only white girl with an afro around, supposedly...) So cutting it shorter would only make it poofier, right...?

I'm pleased, it still maintains it's wavy/curly-ish nature, but isn't poofy. Woot woot.
              Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 02-19-2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Lots of people, except my mom who figured it out, didn't know that I cut my own hair until I told them or someone that I told mentioned it to another person. They thought I had it professionally done.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

I used to cut my own bangs but that's as far as I would go.

I had hair down to my hips when I was in college. I cut it to my shoulder blades right before junior year. My friend who said she'd cry if I ever cut my hair didn't notice for a couple hours after we got back to school (granted, I had it in a ponytail, but still). Then she cried.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have been cutting my own hair for years.....and trust me, I know what I'm doing.....there was a time about 4 years ago I had my hair professionally colored and I asked for some long layers and the twit decided to chop my chest length hair up to my collar bone! I have as round of a face/head as Paris Hilton, I cannot pull off any kind of short hair....it has to be at least shoulder length. Add to it that my hair grows slower than rocks form...it took nearly 3 years for it to go back to my chest and beyond again. I loved the color job but I was livid that my hair was so short.

I have some friends who work at salons....if I ever want something complicated, I'll go to them, because they'll know better than to give in to the urge to chop my hair off.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My sister has been cutting my hair since I was 12, because the hair dresser gave me a bowl cut and I haven't been back since.

She's getting very good at it, and I change it every so often.

Nobody even knows I don't get my hair cut professoinally.

Comment

It's lovely when you get all that hair off, eh? Glad you like the new style!!
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

lol. Well Lupo I guess I'll get to let you know what I think of you hair later today. I'll be nice, promise!.

I cut my hair sometime last month but it was only a trim to shape it out cause it looked a bit uneven. But other than that I haven't cut my hair in a year and a half. It can get pretty poofy if I don't maintain it. You should see what happens if I blow dry it. Let's just say it's a REALLY bad idea.

I my hair and don't plan on cutting it short for a while. Though people thinking I'm a woman is starting to get to me. When will people learn: long curly hair =/= female? *sigh*

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                            lol. Well Lupo I guess I'll get to let you know what I think of you hair later today. I'll be nice, promise!.
                            ...you were actually contemplating not being nice about it...?

kidding, of course...

Ugh, off to work. It's too early in the morning to be awake, let alone functioning... >.<

See you later today!!

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                              ...you were actually contemplating not being nice about it...?

kidding, of course...

Ugh, off to work. It's too early in the morning to be awake, let alone functioning... >.<

See you later today!!
                              Of course I wasn't contemplating that. Why would I be mean? <.<

Well I got up at 11am today, in fact that's about usually when I wake up on a normal day.

Comment

Working...
                              X