X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof Of Beloved Dumbass Syndrome...

Or the Proverbial Blind Eye.......

Last night was just anarchy and chaos. All of the idiot employees were walking around chit chatting and barely doing any work....they kept leaving their stations to go walk and talk with friends.

I stayed at my station and did my work......watching with rage building up.

Then at the end of the shift, I met up with my friend Michelle at her station and we started to walk out the doors.

Ramsay cornered us and said "Where do you think you're going? The shift isn't over until 7, you need to wait to be relieved!"

That's when I lost it and said "Ok, so all night long, you totally ignore everyone walking around talking and not doing ANY work whatsoever, but you notice Michelle and I trying to sneak out a few minutes early? Wow. At least I stayed at my fucking station all night."

And then I walked out anyway.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Good on you for calling him out on his ignorance of everyone else.

It makes me wonder what kind of response he will sputter out in return. Odds are he doesn't have a very good one.
    Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

So, because everyone else is breaking the rules, it's ok for you to break another rule ???
      o...k.

But yeah, this Ramsay person sounds like he/she needs a lecture on how to do _their_ job.
      Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
      Me:

Comment

Quoth cactus View Post
        So, because everyone else is breaking the rules, it's ok for you to break another rule ???
        o...k.
        I say why the hell not? I'm a product of my environment.

If I see everybody else standing around talking, taking extra breaks, and hoofing it out the door the minute the time clock hits 7 minutes to the end of their shift, why isn't it okay for me to do the same?

Of course, with my luck, I'd probably be the one to get caught.

Either the rules should be enforced fairly and universally to everybody, or they shouldn't be enforced at all.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I totally agree with Irv. And I sneak out every day at the same time. We are not allowed to do any over time and our punches are adjusted, so if I punch out at 7:05 am, I will not be paid those 5 extra minutes.

Other people do it too, I'm just the only one who gets caught.

But Irv, you say it better than I do. Either everyone has to follow the rules or NO ONE has to follow them at all.

Comment

Blas, is there any way your management could get time clocks put in each department? That way, it would only take about a minute to get to the clock to punch in/out.

Also, isn't adjusting the punches illegal? If it is, you need to talk to someone above management and fill them in on the situation so you get paid the correct amount.
            My Fanfic Page
            My Fiction Page
            My Social Group
            My Pet Social Group
            My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post

Also, isn't adjusting the punches illegal? If it is, you need to talk to someone above management and fill them in on the situation so you get paid the correct amount.
              I'm guessing that punching out at 7:05 rounds down to 7:00.

The same thing happens at my store--punching out within 7 minutes before or after the hour rounds to that hour-- anytime from 12:53 to 1:07 would round to 1:00, for instance. It doesn't sound like any funny business with the punches is going on.

This practice must be legal since it seems to be kind of a universal thing.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's legal.

I'm not sure at which exact incriment of time that you round up, I just know I'm not staying a moment late if I'm not being paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                X