X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking all hotel/motel cleaning personel

So......

I do this thing when DH and I end our stay at hotels.

I strip the bed. I pull all the pillow cases off, strip the sheets, fold any blankets and doona and put them on the end of the cleared bed with the pillows. Then i put all the soiled sheets, pillow cases and towels by the door.

So my question is - am I doing the right thing? We are travelling to Vegas next year (first time over seas) so there will be a lot of hotel room stays and i would hate to be doing something that isn't right.

During my very, very brief career as a member of a hotel housekeeping staff a long time ago, we were required to strip down the bed completely after a guest left, so in my limited experience, I don't see how you could be doing anything wrong. From what I've been told, it's supposed to be standard practice for all hotels to strip down beds, although whether or not they all actually do so is up to speculation. You certainly wouldn't be offending anyone, anyway, and you sound more conscientious than most guests, so have at 'er.
    Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

From my experience working in the laundryroom at a motel 6 (so take it with a grain of salt since it sure as shit wasn't the Ritz).

The girls would pull the blanket and comforter off the bed, strip the pillows and toss the pillows on the chair, pillow cases get tossed on the bed, All towels hand/face clothes also get tossed on the bed. Then the sheets get folded up in a burrito of sorts and that holds all the sheets, pillow cases, towels/etc in one clean package.

If you are going to vegas, most places will only change the towels if they are on the floor in the bathroom.

But it doesn't sound as if you are doing anything bad, its not as if you are taking a shit in the tub and floating a pizza in the toilet or something. Believe me, if thats you're worry, they probably love you considering some of the crap they have to deal with on a daily basis.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
      X