This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have a...vacation??

My work schedule here at the paper is a little eccentric. Alternating weekends, off Mondays and Wednesdays, etc. Sometimes I work five or six days a week, sometimes four, it just kinda depends.

Well, this week, I'm scheduled off for the weekend, Monday, and Wednesday. Just kind of on a lark, I mentioned to my boss taking Tuesday off and having five days in a row. She told me to call our spare clerk (a retired lady who works once in a while just for the hell of it, mostly), and see if she could cover.

I did, she can. So...I have the next FIVE DAYS OFF. I haven't had five days off in a row for like, four years, and the one time I did it involved a two-day train trip to visit a friend, where we took a long car trip to a tourist spot for her birthday, then another two-day train trip for me back home.

So I think I can officially say this is my first me-vacation since I started working at the paper.

...I don't know what to do with myself already!
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    So I think I can officially say this is my first me-vacation since I started working at the paper.
    ...I don't know what to do with myself already!
    Congrats!

Books. Bubble baths. Books AND bubble baths. Movies. Take out. Wine. Take out AND wine.

No: Network news. Local News. Talk shows. "Catching up" on housework. (Except as needed today to make the five days more relaxing.) Correspondence. Slack a bit on the net. ACTUALLY say to yourself 'What is the most self-indulgent thing I could do right now?' and do it. Then when you're done, ask again.

[I "mini-vacation" a LOT. ]

Comment

Congrats! These are the best. Especially on your first day of vacation, look at the clock and say to yourself "I'm supposed to be at work....AND I'M NOT!"
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
      X