X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Again?

My Dear Beloved,
    my name is Mrs.Rosita Howard but now undergoing medical treatment in Costadel Sol
    Hospital,Spain.When my late husband was alive he secured $17.300.000.OO Million,I decided
    to contact you and trust this funds intoyour care Believing that you are God fearing &
    you will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct.For further explanation please
    contact me on this email: rositahawd0@live.com<;mailto:rositahawd0@live.com>
    Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.
    Yours in Christ,
    Mrs.Rosita Howard
    Someone got hold of my email address and I ain't a happy pony-puppy-thing. -_-
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Shame on you that your beloved has to introduce herself to you. Why it's as if you don't know who she is. You heart breaking tart.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Eep! I don't know any Rositas! Honest! I'm not into the Latin populous! GAH! Why has my reputation followed me so?

Now, if she had said something like, oh, I dunno, uh....what's an Italian name? Heck, I dunno. There was an Aiden, and a Sid, and a Ricca, Flea-bit of course, and a Jeremy, and a Cedric, Terran, Richard, Nick, Jan, Lyssa, Sabrina, Melody, Mattie, and a few others, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't any Rosita.

.....uh.....Holy crap, I'm a man-slut!
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

It's possible that they didn't get your email, but just used the old "dictionary attack" strategy. Combine random words etc.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Italian Names (for future reference )

Stefan, Giovanni, Carlo, Cesare, Giancarlo, Antonio...(what, I have a large, Italian family....)

And of course, there's the famous ones! Tito, Benito, Andrea, Michaelangelo, Raphael...etc. etc. etc.

Just thought I'd throw those out there for ya.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
            Italian Names (for future reference )

Stefan, Giovanni, Carlo, Cesare, Giancarlo, Antonio...(what, I have a large, Italian family....)

Sperodione?

(My grandfather's name, though no one is quite sure how it's actually spelled. On his father's naturalization application it's Sperione, elsewhere it's Spero Dione, or possibly Spirodion(e)...I guess there's a reason he went by Spity.)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Sperodione?

(My grandfather's name, though no one is quite sure how it's actually spelled. On his father's naturalization application it's Sperione, elsewhere it's Spero Dione, or possibly Spirodion(e)...I guess there's a reason he went by Spity.)
              Yacono, actually. Technically Sicilian predominantly, but yes...

My great grandma on that side was Grandma Jenny to the kids, but her full name was Geoniviva, or something like that. I'm predominantly Italian, with a little German and Irish thrown into the mix. Mostly Italian and German, though. My last name, is an Americanized spelling of our Germanic last name, changed to avoid persecution, or something along those lines...

I'm not sure what the point is to this rambling. Methinks Lupo's gonna go take a nap now...

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

My great grandma on that side was Grandma Jenny to the kids, but her full name was Geoniviva, or something like that. I'm predominantly Italian, with a little German and Irish thrown into the mix.
                Hey, me too! I think I'm more Irish, though (I definitely have the skin-tone to back that up). My mom's side is Irish-German, my dad's father's parents came from Sicily a couple years before my grandfather was born (actually they came over twice...), and my dad's mother's maiden name was Farley (which from my brief research is apparently actually by way of England...). I know the most details on my dad's father's family, but even that's not a whole lot...

Let's see, there was
                Biagio (b. 1902, Bronte, Italy)
                Joseph (b. 1904, Philadelphia)
                Maria (b. 1906, Philly)
                Lucia (Lucy) (b. 1908, Bronte, Italy)
                Grazia (Grace) (b. 1910, Philly)
                Sperione (b. 1912, Philly)
                Giuseppina (b. 1914, Philly)

There were at least two more after that but that's all who are listed on my great-grandfather's petition for naturalization.

Sorry for the threadjack...back to your regularly scheduled poorly written foreigner-needs-you-to-help-them-move-money spam thread.

Comment

Hey! BookStoreEscapee! You have a Biagio in your family too!? Does he go by Ben? My dad's stepfather is named Biagio but goes by Ben, which I never understood.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                    Hey! BookStoreEscapee! You have a Biagio in your family too!? Does he go by Ben? My dad's stepfather is named Biagio but goes by Ben, which I never understood.
                    I have no idea. He was my father's uncle and had apparently moved to California before my dad was born. My dad never knew him; he thinks he may have actually gone by Bill. I imagine he has long since shuffled off this mortal coil by now....(if not he'd be 107 this year...)

My cousin was doing some geneology research and all this stuff got dug out a year or so ago.

I did look up the name Biagio at the time cuz I was curious what it might translate to. Apparently it translates to "Blaise."

Comment

Working...
                    X