This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to rant (dog show)

My wife is at a dog show this weekend showing Kiri and Zorro.

Zorro was the only malinois so of course he got best of breed.

Kiri went up against an American bred female who could barely walk (she was lame). Not being able to walk (with the exception of veteran's class) is usually a disqualification).

Of course, the judge gave the ribbon to the lame female (basically a "f*** you" to my wife and Kiri).

She wasn't too happy about it and many people were upset.

Then, the kicker.

The same judge is judging the herding group. On her way over to the ring, Zorro stepped on a bee and got stung on his foot. They got him quickly patched up and he could walk - just had a limp.

The judge excused (disqualified) him because of that.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Reminds me of my third driving test.

While I was waiting to take my road test, I was listening to the results for the person who had just finished.

They:
    *almost hit a truck
    *never used their blinkers
    *ran at least one red light

and quite a few other things.

This guy PASSED.

I had the same instructor take me out for my test.

I failed.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Is there some sort of grievance process your wife could start against this judge? I know dog shows are highly subjective, but there are guidelines and standards, and if said judge is not applying these standards across the board, they shouldn't be judging.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I think she is going to write a letter to AKC but I think they're tired of hearing from her considering how biased judging is (overall).
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
        X