This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the positive vibes thread

Well, sense I'm in an unusually good mood (for a tuesday), and I'd like to keep it that way, and because a lot of people look like they need to be cheered up, let's start a thread where the only things that can be said are good things, news, feelings, profession of love for other board members and moderators (we love you Fury Man Boobs).

I'll start-
    good news- a friend I haven't talked to in over a year randomly IMed me this morning, that surprised me and made me quite happy.
    more good news- I think I may have found a church I truly belong in... it may be too early to tell, Sunday was my first time going, but there was just a spirit there, I can't really explain it, and the minister, great guy, he actually takes the time to meet with every visitor who is there for the first time one on one after the service, the people are friendly, and most important, they are accepting.

good feelings- I actually feel quite well about the test I have to take today... I did well on the homework and did a good deal of studying. I can do this

professions of love- all of you... when I needed help you were there... I can never thank you all enough for that, I only hope one day it will be possible for me to even come close to returning the favor (but I doubt that's possible, I don't think I could do nearly as much as you guys have). Thank you.

please lets keep this one going... even if you are having a shitty day, think of something good that's happening... hey, maybe just thinking about it will make your day better.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

hey smiley..........

hey smiley....thats good that you found a church, your in a good mood, and i hope you keep it like that way okay? well, cheers on ya mate and ill talk to you later!! peace and have a great week..............peace!! smiley !!! U ROCK!!!

Comment

Great idea for a thread

-I got a princess wand last night. It lights up. I don't know why, but it made me giggle the rest of the night and I am still amused by it.
      -My sister's husband and I are at least passably getting along now instead of me just tollerating him.
      -I've been getting better at not only hanging out with a bigger variety of people, but hanging out at home more like I have been wanting to.
      -I've been planning out my money a bit better as far as with the big things I want to get. It means that I get to build another computer for when I get the projector.
      -Dad and I have been bonding lately and it's been really nice.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

it's pancake day and I like pancakes (proper thin pancakes with lemon and sugar, not those thick doughy monstrosities that americans call pancakes)
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I'm having doughy monstrosities. I mean pancakes.
          My tattoo is healing well.
          My parents sent me money for my birthday (which was yesterday).
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
            My parents sent me money for my birthday (which was yesterday).
            happy (belated) Birthday

more great news, the test I thought was today is really tomorrow... and today we are working on case problems in class, which is great fun because we get to debat case law.

eta- I got to argue on my opinion on Cusano v. Horipro Entertainment Group... as someone who likes KISS that brings me warm and fuzzy feelings (even if I did have to disagree with Vinnie Vincent)
            Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 02-24-2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

-I got to watch Sailor Moon in Japanese (subtitled in English) until I couldn't stand it anymore. Yay broadband internet! (and goofy interests! )

-The cat found my lap very comfy earlier. I was pleased. (She's been very snuggly lately, and I'm not even her person.)

-CS.com is awesome. Awesome people, awesome mods, ...just all around awesome. Thanks for being here. You make me smile.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

- Found out I don't owe nearly as much as I thought I would for taxes

- Finally getting new glasses soon!

- Stepdad is becoming more and more likeable lately, and I'm genuinely beginning to not hate him.

- New shampoo makes me happy! lol
                "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

-Finally got a new car. its in my name, and my name only! and i don't have to depend on anybody to take me anywhere any more!

-My son turned two yesterday(2-23) and is growing to be healty, and happy! and polite!

-I've been accepted into the Nursing Assistant program, and just put my transcripts in for the Nursing course, so hopefully, ill get accepted into that.

-I've met a guy. nothing definite yet, but we are starting to see each other. im super excited for this change in my life.

so generally, my life seems to be taking an upward turn!

Comment

My youngeset (step but I hate that word) Daughter still loves me even though her dad dragged her across the country to live far away from me.

I can finally walk again.

I got to go back to work last week.

Comment

Okay, I grump a lot but I'm grateful for what my Husband and I have.

We have our house. It's paid for. We have no debt. That's a wonderful thing to be able to say these days,

We have excellent memories of diving and walking out to town and making our own meals on Bonaire.

We have memories of going down a coal mine at the Chatterly-Whitfield Mining Museum.

We have memories of working a narrow-boat on the canals in England and Wales. I remember buying fresh vegetables and flowers from householders who had canal-side stands and cobbling together a decent lunch with a loaf of home-made bread bought from another stand. With some salad, some good mustard and a tin of corned beef, we were set.

I remember walking at least a half-mile across a cow-pasture (Always look down when walking in one of those) to get to a Tesco for supplies.

I remember the young man who grabbed my legs and pulled me down when I wasn't quite heavy enough to counterbalance the lift bridge on the canal when my Husband was taking the boat through.

"Thank you, Sir."

"No problem, Ma'am." A tip of his hat and he was gone on his way.

One night on the Welsh Canals, we had our Dinner in a pub. There was a social hall below us. We were treated to a rehearsal of a very good Welsh Choir while we enjoyed our dinner. How much better can things get than that?

I remember buying fresh strawberries, lamb chops, asparagus and new potatoes in a little market in Wales. I took the bus back to where out boat was tied up and we had a wonderful meal. We ate on the shore of Lake Ellesmere. All the Rhodedendrons were in bloom. When I read about Harry Potter summoning his Patronus, that is the lake I see.

We've also had many other wonderful times abroad. We've been through the Panama Canal. We've visited Gibraltar several times. We've been to Alaska several times. We've gone to Hawaii. We've taken a train from London to Inverness. On many wonderful ships we've sailed from New York, Brooklyn, Dover, Barcelona, Genoa, Southampton. Vancouver, Miami, San Diego,and Port Everglades.

We've had a wonderful life and we will continue to enjoy our lives. I hope everyone here will be able to have at least some of the fun we have enjoyed. you deserve it.
                      Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Yay, despite having a physical distraction sitting across from me in the testing center I ended up getting a 94% on the test I had to take before (which means that the physical distraction was an added bonus rather than a detractor )

Comment

had a dr appt today, my baby is healthy and moving and kicking a lot.
                          My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

-For a Wednesday (usually our busy day), today has been nothing.
                            -Boss bought us lunch today
                            -I have a new reading plan (which book series I'll be reading in the next week or so) so I don't feel lethargic reading wise.
                            -Last night I got to celebrate Lady's birthday with her which was a lot of fun.
                            -Despite my war on socks, I may have found a website that has tons of awesome fun ones that I would enjoy
                            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I got a free lunch today

I will be able to get out of the house and actually do something tonight

I'm not working until Sunday
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X