This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Was Morbidly Embarrassing...

So I'm laid off this week......trying to be a "normal" person by sleeping at night and being up during the day, all day preferably.

Well, I'm making progress. I was up by early afternoon today. I went tanning and got home and was enjoying a smoke while my food was in nuking in the microwave, and the neighbor to my right pulled in.

He said "Blas, I gotta ask you do to something. Fix your headboard or move it back. Thanks." Then he slipped inside as quick as he could.

I guess I should just be thankful he asked me like a mature adult instead of running and squealing to the property management company, or worse, calling the cops on me. Around here, you get one noise violation or one warning, and after that, you're evicted.

And anyone who remembers my run-in with nosy old bitch downstairs....she'll be back in a little over a month, so I might as well start fixing some behaviors right now before she gets back and has a chance to get me evicted, because I'm sure she remembers our little incident and will be back for vengeance, since it happened right before she moved for the winter.

It is a little hard, though....with walls so thin like this. I'm pretty much the only person in this building with a cell phone. I can hear my neighbor's landline phone going off during the day, I can hear old bitch's phone ringing (even though she's gone in the winter), I can hear anyone vacuuming next to me or under me, I can hear toilet flushing and any kind of running water at any time. I can hear my one neighbor's TV so well I can channel surf and find exactly which channel he's watching. The neighbor who talked to me today is a screamer himself....when it comes to sports on TV that is. He screams at his TV and throws things.

Oh well. I'm still embarrassed. Embarrassed but thankful it wasn't the landlord talking to me.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Is this a temporary layoff?

What was the incident with the other neighbor? I vaguely recall something but I can't remember.

Does she fly south for the winter?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yes, it's temporary. I'll be back to work next week. I could have taken two weeks or a month off, but I can barely afford a week as it is. I'd rather be forced to just take a week and not risk having to take longer.

The old lady downstairs is a snow bird....she drives down south towards the end of October and comes back the first or second week in April. Although she should really learn to call before she comes back....since when she came back last year, there was still lots of snow and it wasn't letting up....and she had to bitch and whine and bitch and whine about it until it went away for good. I do my fair share of bitching about the weather but not loudly outside, and if I were her, I'd make sure it was GONE before I came back!

It was the incident where my Asshole ex tried to wiggle his way back into my life and got me away from my friends, took me home, and tried to hug and touch me and as I violently shoved him and threw things at him, she smacked her fucking broom against my floor....which she also did any time something fell on the floor and she'd complain about any foot movements she ever heard.

I am on my way right now out to dinner with a friend whom I might just get a house with this spring. I love living alone but I don't think I can take that batshit old lady trying to get me evicted once she gets back, and moving my bedframe and being quieter while having sex is not going to stop him from screaming at his TV or throwing his napsack at the wall when he gets home every night.....

Comment

From what I've read of your apartment complex, I think I'd jump at the chance to move out.

Good luck with the potential house
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Get some padding on the walls so the bumping from the bed from your...sleep walking...doesn't get heard?
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I'm just going to have my bf move my bed back the next time he comes over.

Again, just going to be thankful he was an adult and mature about it and didn't go ratting me out. As embarrassing as that had to be to bring up to me, he was a man about it. He didn't rant and rave, just said it quick.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              From what I've read of your apartment complex, I think I'd jump at the chance to move out.
              I agree. If you can feasibly afford it, go for it - it'll be that much less stress to have to worry about.

Edit: And then, on your very last day in that complex, be as LOUD as possible.
              Last edited by Amethyst Hunter; 02-25-2009, 09:26 AM. Reason: funbit
              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

I'm just going to have my bf move my bed back the next time he comes over.
                Isn't that what got you into this situation already?
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Haha...

In all seriousness, it is a little too close to the wall. Last night when I went to to bed (ALONE!) I hopped in and it smacked against the wall. I can't move the damn thing myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X