This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Om nom nom

I'm going gaming tonight, and when I get home the cheesecake I made will be ready to eat , I'm remembering how much I like cooking, I've been making all sorts of things in the kitchen lately.
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Cheesecake is goooood stuff. Om nom nom, indeed. *drools*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

You made CHEESECAKE and didn't offer to share with the rest of us?!?!?!?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Now I want Beard Papa cream puffs....*drools*
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          You made CHEESECAKE and didn't offer to share with the rest of us?!?!?!?
          I'm happy to share, but I only just got home to try it, lemony cheesy goodness.

Who wants some?
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I'd love some. Only thing better (IMHO) is Lemon Meringue.
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

But I hate separating eggs.

Comment

Here is a little friend who can help you with separating the eggs

I have to get one as there are recipes I want to use, but I don't because I have to separate the eggs.

Comment

I'll take some!!

I'm glad I'm not giving up cheesecake for Lent.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've always liked separating eggs.

Maybe I'm just weird.

I also make a killer lemon meringue pie. I had to learn after I fell in love with them and kept demanding them for every holiday. Mom loves lemon too, but she was annoyed, having to make them all the time. They're quite energy-consuming, standing in front of the stove, waiting for the curd to thicken properly.

Comment

Cheesecake! yum! but I feels so clogged if I eat as much as I'd like.

Another thing I make is Buttermilk pie - the flavor is between/near cheescake & lemon custard:

----BUTTERMILK PIE----
                      4 EGG YOLKS
                      1 WHOLE EGG
                      3 tablespoons BUTTER
                      1 1/2 cup SUGAR
                      7 tablespoons FLOUR
                      1 tablespoon LEMON EXTRACT
                      1/8 teaspoon SALT
                      3 cups BUTTERMILK

Pre-heat oven to 425°.
                      Put all ingredients, except buttermilk, in 2 quart mixing bowl. Mix well on low speed. Add buttermilk slowly so filling remains smooth.
                      Pour filling into ready made (frozen or refrigerated) 9" pastry shell. Place in pre-heated oven. Turn temperature down to 325°, let bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Center will set up almost firm like a pumpkin or custard pie when it is done. Serve cool, plain or with whipping cream or meringue.
                      Options: Graham cracker or Vanilla wafer crust. Substitute Orange extract. 1/2 cup dried apricots cut into 1/4 cherry size chunks.
                      Fills 1 1/2 to 2 pastry shells
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The sad thing is I see all these recipes and I can't do anything with them. At the risk of sounding too proud, I'm good at making entrees and appetizers. When it comes to desserts, well, not so much. My cakes are dry, pies collapse, my cookies burn and taste like salt. I tried making meringues once. They came out like those candy dots you eat off of wax paper.

Comment

But candy dots from wax paper are good!
                          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I would agree. But not when they taste like burnt meringue

Comment

Rum, that is just so wrong...

Hey, did you know you can buy refrigerated egg whites?
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X