This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I did this...

I was wandering around CVS and bought a Smooth Away.

I tried it out in a couple small areas (a small patch on my leg, and a small patch on my arm) because I am at least smart enough to not use it full boar before I know what the reaction will be.

After I used it (just the small thingy, not the big one) I decided to check out some customer reviews.

I know. I know.

I'm trying to decide if I really do feel a *very* slight burning sensation, or if it is just "sympathy pains" from reading the reviews.

Seriously, I suffer from sympathy pains. If I see someone with a sunburn, I hurt like I was the one who got fried, etc., etc., etc.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I had never heard of this product, but then again I don't shave my legs. So basically, it's sandpaper?
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I saw a review of this on the local news and it seemed interesting...I'd buy it if the pain was minimal or less. The reviewer said it was effective and didn't mention any pain.

I bought an epilator a couple years back and somehow lost the charger, probably when I moved back here to VA from MD. That thing *hurt* though. Effective, but too painful for me!

Comment

You'll have to let us know if it's worth it...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have it, and it works great, but takes FOREVER, at least five times as long as shaving...

Comment

Quoth KorporateKitty View Post
            I bought an epilator a couple years back and somehow lost the charger, probably when I moved back here to VA from MD. That thing *hurt* though. Effective, but too painful for me!
            Can't say anything about the smooth away pads, since I've never tried them, but I'm slowly starting to love epilators. My Mom bought a small one just to try for well . . . chin hairs, and didn't like it, so I've stolen it. It's just got one head though, so it would take forever to do both my legs with it, but it lasts so much longer!
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

It doesn't hurt, but there is a chance of getting what is basically a friction burn.

I've decided I'm just having sympathy pains.

I like it fine, but it's just not for me.

If anyone wants it, you can have it.

My next product review will be about that peeler that peels both ways.

Comment

I used to see the commercials for it on TV and after a long long LONG discussion with Dad about what women do to stay fuzz-less, I decided the stupid thing was nothing but super fine grit sandpaper.

SO GUESS WHAT STUPID THING I DID.

Yeah, I took sandpaper to my shin to see if it would work.

Yeah, it seemed cool at first. You exfoliated while you rubbed the hair off.

YES IT BURNED LIKE FUCK AFTERWARD.

Glad I don't have to shave my legs all the time (hey, when you're going out in drag, it's NOT cool to have leg fuzz when you're wearing a miniskirt with fishnet hose).
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

i bought this awhile ago. it does work, but like mentioned before, it does take awhile, and inmy opinion, the buffer can't be used very much before you need to get a new one. i like to use it for places i don't like using a razor, like my knees, and the back of my ankle.

Comment

I swooped in and claimed it.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This is one of those moments where I am so very GLAD I am a man.

That being said....a girl I was briefly involved with from Los Angeles easily had the smoothest legs I've felt in my adult life. Her secret? She got electrolysis once a month.

Yeah, that even dropped MY jaw. She was fine with it, but I just couldn't wrap my feeble little man brain around that.

NOT that I had a problem enjoying the results of said method, mind you. I did. Very much so.

Of all my brief flings, she was easily one of my two favorites.
                      Last edited by Jester; 02-26-2009, 06:08 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

The spots I tried it on are incredibly smooth.

Comment

Working...
                        X