This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, crap

I just received the paperwork today for my internship. Unfortunately, the instructor who was originally scheduled to oversee us will not be handling it. The instructor I had last semester about whom I regularly complained bitterly will now be in charge. Either she completely cheated to pass the state bar or her secretary (who must have failed out of 4th grade and never went back) is actually doing all the work. Crap. She can't spell, her grammar is atrocious, and she is incredibly slow about responding to email. She also did not return our corrected work to us last semester; she would give us the total grade and then seemed bewildered when we wanted to know what we had missed or failed to do.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Oy. Good luck.

My roommate was just telling me about the phone call the third grade teacher at her school got from a parent, complaining about the fact that she took off points on a social studies homework assignment for not writing the answer in a complete sentence. Because "nobody writes like that anymore."

I fear for the future of education.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X