This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instant cold!

The other day I went to work feeling fine & all ready to worky my ass off like I usually do. So as the day went on, my throat started feeling sore, my nose was running & it felt like my get-up-and-go was getting ready to haul ass. The next day I woke up with a full fledged cold! I'm like "WTF!!!!"
    I have no idea how I caught this cold so fast. Usually I can feel myself getting sick a few days before & act accordingly BUT not this time! It hit me like a ton of bricks!
    I'm in a quandary-sick enough to feel miserable but not sick enough to call off work. Half the store either has a cold or that stomach virus that's been going around. The stomach virus is nastier cause it makes you puke & have diarrhea at the same time! I've had that twice already!
    So I'm off today. Just me, a box of tissue, ludens & some nice hot soup.

I have been sick on and off every month since Labor Day. I don't even know where I initially got it from, but something must have happened to me because my immune system took a huge dump and now I catch everything and anything floating around.

There has only been one month where I haven't gotten sick. And I got sick TWICE this month.....I had a very bad flu (complete with vomitting and constant gas and poopies) in early February and last Friday, I got home and took my nap, and woke up with my throat on fire. By Monday, my nose wouldn't quit running. My nose was literally leaking until last night.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I got real sick the other week...I worked a 13 hour shift with only a half hour break, so I don't know if that totally killed my immune system or what. I started coughing during the last couple hours of the shift, and that night i could barely sleep and was very sick the next day, it lasted about a week. I still have a cough bit that's it. I have never gotten sick that quickly, and for that long. Usually it's not that bad except for a few days, but this time I was weak and tired, has body aches and chills/hot flashes, and no appetite. No vomiting, but some nausea. I hate vomiting more than anything. I purposely don't take cold medicine unless I have to (like if I have to work or if it's really bad) because I heard that viruses adapt to it and thus become stronger. It seems that's what's going on now. It seems there is a supervirus that is going around in this area.

Comment

I certainly agree with the cold medicine theory. That would probably explain why Nyquil and Dayquil barely work anymore.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          I certainly agree with the cold medicine theory. That would probably explain why Nyquil and Dayquil barely work anymore.
          So whatcha think? Should I take some Nyquil to help my immune system fight off those sick little bastards in my body?

Comment

KorporateKitty - you seem to be in the same neck of the woods that I'm in, and I think you're right.

I've been sick on and off for the past month. Child Rum is in kindergarten, which can explain some of it (Pre-schoolers & kindergarteners seem to be full of germs ).

Bright_Star: I'd recommend either Nyquill or Sudafed PE for your cold.

However, if you have High Blood Pressure (which I do), there is a medication called Corciran(sp?)HB. It's a special OTC med that is made specifically for those with High Blood Pressure. Ask your pharmacist what they would recommend. (I love my pharmacist!)

Comment

I've been sick since Feb's beginning. I was feeling better (I'm not dead yet!) and then BAM I'm going through roll of toilet paper in a day. Nausea, headache, stuffiness, sore throat, the normal.

And of course I managed to slightly overdose on Sudafed this afternoon. Nasal passages were open but holy crap they hurt like hell.
              Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Working...
              X