This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Advice...HELP!!!

Basically, I need ideas for the dates. Dates 1-3 have all gone well and have consisted of movies (1), dinner (2), bowling (3). Now I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help?

ETA: Date #3 also consisted of the two of us going back to his place and watching various sports. He is a sports nut. I like my sport too, but I'm not religiously obsessed. We follow the same AFL (Australian Footy League) teams and ditto for the soccer.
    Last edited by fireheart; 02-27-2009, 09:37 AM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Skydiving, bungee jumping, cow wrestling.....

In all seriousness, I find that the classics never die. If you are bored or feel that your dates are bored, maybe find a really small, quiet bar or more of a "lounge" to have a few drinks?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What about staying home for a nite and playing video games together?
      Or Popcorn & Movies?

Or, find a park or some touristy thing around your area, and go be a tourist for a day. BF and I recently went to Snoqualmie Falls, I'd never been there! It was great!

Go for a road trip. Pack a picnic, some good CDs and go drive for a few hours and talk. BF and I are probably going to go garage sale-ing this year too.

Either of you like museums? Or any cool exhibitions around? (BF and I went to go see Lucy, the prehistoric fossil from Africa) Any neat music-in-the-park thing going on? Listen to the radio- any ads for stuff going on?

My BF wants to spend money (heck if I hinted I wanted something, he'd be likely to buy it) but I don't want to spend money. So some days I ask for cheap, and some days he gets to pick too.

Dates shouldn't always be structured and planned out - spending time together and having FUN is the more important part. Learn about each other - BF and I were having a damn good discussion last night over the phone.

Hey, have fun. Hold hands, kiss, snuggle...enjoy. I slip him hug notes all the time..he loves it. He's brought me chocolate roses and fuzzy teddy bears. He's older than 40. I'm in my 30s. We are having a blast.

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        He is a sports nut. I like my sport too, but I'm not religiously obsessed. We follow the same AFL (Australian Footy League) teams and ditto for the soccer.
        Well if you both barrack for Port there's a game on this weekend at AMII stadium I think.

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
        Either of you like museums? Or any cool exhibitions around? (BF and I went to go see Lucy, the prehistoric fossil from Africa) Any neat music-in-the-park thing going on?
        That's a good idea, The Fringe Festival started tonight, maybe head over to The Garden of Unearthly Delights?
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Is there a particular reason why YOU have to come up with the idea for Date Number Four?

And is there a particular reason why it has to be something specific as A Date, and not just hanging out together having a good time doing whatever the hell comes along?
          Last edited by Jester; 02-27-2009, 12:54 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Heck, why go to a lounge? Have some drinks at your place/his place and just put on some music.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Cutenoob and I are of the same mind. For our anniversary, we usually do something kind of out of the ordinary. We like zoos, aquariums, museums, botanical gardens and the like. If you are both interested in those things, why not suggest something like that? It will be unusual and fun.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

1) Play pool/darts/foosball/etc at a local bar or pool hall. Laser tag would work, too.
                2) Go to an improv show or comedy club
                3) Wine tasting party (make sure you have money for a cab!)
                4) Window shopping and trying on clothes at the mall--the more ridiculous, the better
                5) Instead of watching movies, make your own. (Not those kind, perv--this post is rated PG! I'm thinking like they do in Be Kind, Rewind.)
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Thanks guys. We had lunch together today and we're going out to the movies on Tuesday night to see My Bloody Valentine. The ideas are great, we haven't been together that long, so I wanted some ways to keep us entertained.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                  X