Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is expecting SNOW this weekend?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is expecting SNOW this weekend?

Yep . . . the land of NASCAR (er, NASCRAP) is expecting white stuff.

It's March the FIRST . . . the trees got spoiled a couple of weeks back when we had highs in the 60's and they're now wanting to bud out. Spring isn't officially in for about 3 more weeks yet.

The Weather Channel just announced the snow is in Atlanta right now as I'm typing. We're expected to start seeing ours sometime this afternoon.

Right now we've got rain and have had it since Friday afternoon. Nonstop rain. The low Friday was around 50 and stayed that way through the morning yesterday. Then the temp started falling into the 40's and by the time I left the Litter Box around 4, it was in the low 40's. I picked up what little we needed (needed more drinks, cleaning stuff and a loaf of bread) made a quick smoke run, then to the drugstore to pick up meds before heading home.

Right now the temp is holding at 33 and we've got sleet that's been falling all morning. It's accumulating a little on the trees and power lines. Depending on which channel you listen to, the amount of snow expected changes slightly:

Weatherbug: 4-8 inches expected by morning.

Digtriad.com (aka WFMY News2) 3-7 inches total

WXII (Channel 12) - 3-5 inches (that was yesterday at 6 a.m.)

And of course, with any icing, we can expect possible power outages. I've got the cell phone charged (just in case we lose power) and the laundry is almost done (gotta have clean clothes.) Plenty of groceries in the house (got a bunch stocked up on Wednesday.)

We'll probably have slick roads for the next couple of days: lows tonight are expected to be around 25, high maybe 33 again tomorrow and a bone-chillng 14 for tomorrow night.

Bright side is that we're expecting upper 60's for highs by Friday.

Strange weather it is here in North Carolina . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

3-6 inches for the Balt/DC corridor.

They'll probably go Code Yellow / "X" hour starting delay for my agency tomorrow.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

We got snow. I'm soooooo pissed off. I was doing my morning ritual of taking a leak before my shower and was blinded by the light outside. When my eyes finally focus, I realized it was snow. Supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow too. DAMNIT.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

According to my dad, we are expecting 10-12 inches before the end of the day tomorrow. He suggested I take off tomorrow if I can. I can't. (Not only are Mondays our busy day, it's the beginning of the fiscal month tomorrow which makes it twice as busy, and my boss is on vacation. He's coming home from Mexico tomorrow.)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

No snow in Pittsburgh Still cold though--it was only in the 30s yesterday. Didn't stop me from taking the MG out for some 'spirited' driving. It's March, when is it going to start warming up? I'm tired of being cold, dammit!
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            Who else is expecting SNOW this weekend?
            Not me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Not me.

...where did I put that thing... oh, here it is!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Not me.
                Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                ...where did I put that thing... oh, here it is!

Thanks for finding that.

And another from me, Jester.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  Thanks for finding that.
                  Not a problem. I have more if needed.

Comment

Threaten me with salmon beatings all you want.

Doesn't change the fact that I am going bicycling this afternoon. Down a beach road. During Spring Break. With hot chicks in bikinis.

Yeah, break out all the salmons you want. I doubt I'll notice.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I got snow yesterday (oooh..surprise, surprise) and my folks got several inches of snow as well. They were pretty worried they might lose power again...but all of the weak poles have been replaced now!!
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I'm in Wisconsin. I expect snow up through mid-April.

And don't forget, NJ peeps, that the great state of New Jersey has been known to get a decent amount of snowfall in the middle of March.

Why, I remember back in the day (ok, a couple of years ago) when there was a good foot or so of snow that fell and I had to spend my day off/St. Patrick's Day shoveling snow.

Fun was had by none that day.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                          And don't forget, NJ peeps, that the great state of New Jersey has been known to get a decent amount of snowfall in the middle of March.
                          I remember a blizzard in April when I was in 2nd grade.

All the snow has melted off my balcony. I'm about to head to the grocery store for milk 'n' stuff. Hope there's some left, because you know how people have to stock up when they might have to spend one day inside...

/not stocking up, just used up the last of what I had this morning

Comment

Six to 14 inches here in lovely NYC...with winds ripping up to 40mph

The weather man also reported that the higher level atmosphere will be warm enough early on in the storm that rain will fall from high levels, then turn to ice
                            but then the snow will kick in and cover the ice.

Sounds lovely doesn't it
                            Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

6-8 inches tonight, with another 2-4 inches tomorrow morning. Awesome...
                              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                              X