This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so sick of resumes...

I posted two part time positions for our company on Monday afternoon on craigslist. Just two little jobs...so far the tally of resumes (as of Wednesday at 10:30pm Pacific) submitted: 1132 (oh wait 1133, one just popped up in Outlook).

How many have I read? Over 700 of them I feel so awful about the economy but oh god if I never see another resume it will be too freaking soon!

Oh, and as a reminder to everyone - for the sanity of the person having to look at all the e-mails: Please make sure your e-mail is on your resume so that if it gets printed out I can contact you without having to do a search for your name (this happens a lot - and the people all have pretty common names like Dave and Sarah)

On a funnier note one resume listed a kid's education all the way back to elementary school! I think he took the education portion of the resume a little too seriously
    A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
    On a funnier note one resume listed a kid's education all the way back to elementary school! I think he took the education portion of the resume a little too seriously
    I can understand that. I actually had several places with hiring forms that asked for your elementry school and address. I barely remember the name of the place (Poasttown Elementary), much less the address.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

At least you know he's thorough.

We've been getting a barrage of resumes here, too. In fact we've had people with B.A.'s applying for minimum wage housekeeping jobs.

Comment

If I had to fill out education all the way back to Elementary School, I'd have trouble. Four high schools, one Jr. High, and four Elementary schools. Total, 9 schools. I remember their names, for the most part, but couldn't give you more than what city they were in. (Largely because all but one were in the same city.)
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
          We've been getting a barrage of resumes here, too. In fact we've had people with B.A.'s applying for minimum wage housekeeping jobs.
          We've had that too...people with MBA's wanting a part time receptionist job.

I have scheduled 9 out of the first 10 interviews (5 for each position). The tally is now up to 1204. I now get to send out rejection notes I hate this part.
          A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

I now get to send out rejection notes I hate this part.
            Yes but at least you're considerate enough to send them out in the first place. I can't tell you how many times i've applied for a job and never heard a word either way. That is a lot more frustrating than being told no.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

On a funnier note one resume listed a kid's education all the way back to elementary school!
              I'm not sure I could remember all the different schools I attended! I was not a military brat, but my Dad was a contract engineer, and moved the whole family to wherever the job was at the time. Austin finally ended up being home base, and I'm still within an hour, even now.
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                Yes but at least you're considerate enough to send them out in the first place. I can't tell you how many times i've applied for a job and never heard a word either way. That is a lot more frustrating than being told no.

Hell your telling me. I really hate that I do not hear anything back. A 10 second phone call is not going to kill anyone
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                  Hell your telling me. I really hate that I do not hear anything back. A 10 second phone call is not going to kill anyone
                  10 times 1200 is 200 minutes on the phone without including the ringing. Some people have some extra time, but I doubt it.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    A 10 second phone call is not going to kill anyone
                    10 seconds is wildly optimistic. You're forgetting introductions, statement of reason why calling, then saying "you didn't get the job", and if the person on the other end starts asking questions, you're staring down the barrel of a few minutes per phone call. So no, a 10 second phone call wouldn't call someone. But you're not the only one being called, in your scenario, and they're not going to be 10 seconds. This *can* kill someone, in a business sense.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I send out e-mails unless it's someone that I've actually interviewed. 5 minute phone calls for people who took the time to come in and fill out paperwork I'm okay with.

So far I have had 3 interviews (2 cancelled today - 1 has the flu and the other I think thought that we were a staffing firm wanting to place him..).

They've all been qualified, but drastic personality differences. I'm just hoping that Monday and Wednesdays interviews will find someone that really seems to pop and fit in here.

Back to reading resumes (83 left ).

Comment

Working...
                      X