This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerk waiter..

The guy didn't wait on me, but i was on the boundry of the servers' territories and the guy who he served was right behind me.
    G(guy)
    JW(jerky waiter)
    G: I'd like a small stak stromooli, with a Greek salad and a unsweeetened Iced Tea, with lemon, no ice.
    JW: Why are you orderinga Greek Salad?
    G: I like Greek salads.
    JW: Don't you know what the Greeks have done to Turkey? Are you Greek or what, why else would you order a greek salad?
    G:
    JW: Do you have any idea the oppresion the Greeks have put the Turks through, I will not deliver you a Greek Salad.
    ME<muttering> isn't t that your job jacka--?
    G:<calm> okay then, I'l have an order of french fries with brown gravvy.
    JW: Yuck, why don't you have the Turkish salad?
    G: I want french fries, and I am allergic to hummus.
    JW: whatevah
    <drinks arrive>
    G:<nicely> I wanted unsweetened, this has sugar in it.
    JW: You are from the South.
    G: So?
    JW: i just gave you sweetened Iced tea all of you southerners like sweetened iced tea.
    G: I want unsweetened iced tea with lemon, thank you.
    JW: Goddamn.

To top it all off the JW waiter complains to me about the size of his tip. Argh.

Did that waiter look Turkish? I ask, because he really seemd to be standing up for the Turks.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

I sincerely hope complaints were made against that waiter.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hate the generalizations about southerners! Well, I just hate generalizations in . . . well . . . general. I hate sweet tea, I don't drive a truck, I am 1 year away from a college education, I did not marry my brother.

Anyway, I would have spoken to a manager IMMEDIATELY. What a .
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

What about your cousin, kerrisan? I think the generalization of southern folks are marrying cousins. Incest generalization are the mountain folks :ducks all the tomato cans:

I never understood generalization about food. Especially the "Greek salad", "French fries". Food is food, who cares who thought of it first. Beside, in the U.S., we don't exactly tend to make it the same way they do over seas.
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
            Did that waiter look Turkish? I ask, because he really seemd to be standing up for the Turks.
            Oops, sorry guys, now he wasn't Turkish<he was an American from NM> but he spent a year there, and HATED everything Greek. Oh, and this is the same guy who slacked off and failed classes and then b-thced because he couldn't graduate because he didn't have enough credits. He thought the policy of having people actually earn a certain amount of credits was unfair i guess,(I can see make some exceptions, deaths , or family emegergencies, or something but this guy was a slacker) never mind the fact that a lot of us who graduated worked our a-ses off while he sat about playing the piano, and calking about how , erm, well endowed he was. <rant over, we now return you to your regularly scheduled sighting.>

Comment

Oh what the f***? What right does that jacka** have to tell A PAYING CUSTOMER what he can or can not order? He should have been fired on the spot!

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                JW: Do you have any idea the oppresion the Greeks have put the Turks through, I will not deliver you a Greek Salad.
                "Then I will not deliver you any money until you deliver me your manager's name. And if you refuse to deliver me your manager's name, I will be forced to do my own version of 'carry-out' if you know what I mean."

Sorry, that word "deliver" went under the defenses, for some reason...
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

G:<nicely> I wanted unsweetened, this has sugar in it.
                  JW: You are from the South.
                  G: So?
                  JW: i just gave you sweetened Iced tea all of you southerners like sweetened iced tea.
                  G: I want unsweetened iced tea with lemon, thank you.
                  JW: Goddamn.
                  Bet he also thinks Southerners can count the number of teeth and shoes they have on one hand, and run around after sheep.

That guy is more prejudiced than any Southerner I have met. What a knob.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I would have left him no tip, maybe a penny (the ultimate insult) and then I would have had a nice long chat with his boss.

Kibbles

Comment

I believe the ultimate is the penny face down.

Anyone else heard of this?

In the meantime, I have to admit that the waiter was bang out of order. You cannot safely talk politics with customers, and you should never consider forcing your beliefs on anyone else and expect to retain your job.

Rapscallion

Comment

its sad, you cant mention politics or religion or anything related but if they talk to you about it its fair game and you have to listen
                        i hate getting lectured about the politics or religion of a movie and how its not how the real thing is
                        take for example, world trade center, this one guy went on and on and on
                        if i did that to a customer......

that server does kinda have a point but greek salad = persecuting turkey is way out there
                        cause we all know greece makes money from each greek salad sold...

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                          Oh since we all know that Greece gets a cut of every Greek salad sold . This reminds me of when our congress went bonkers and declared that all french fries be called "Freedom Fries". Yeah that'll teach 'em!

What a tool. I hope his butt gets fired.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            I believe the ultimate is the penny face down.

Anyone else heard of this?

Isn't it bad luck to pick up a face down penny?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

As much of bad luck as living is.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X