This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHPS Goodness!!

Yay!! I'm going to see the live Rocky Horror Picture Show on the 3rd of April Taking TTO with! He's seen the movie, but never experienced a live show.
    I saw a live show back when I was in highschool.
    I must take toast and a waterpistol with
    HAPPINESS IS A GOOD MUSICAL!!!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Or a very bad one with good music and good audience partici-
    (SAY IT!)
    pation.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I'm soooo jealous! Can I come with? Can I can I? I've seen the movie, and know most of the audience participation thanks to friends who actually performed in the live show, but have never been to one myself

And on another note, is it bad that I saw the name of this thread and went "Huh wha? Who has goodness bout me?!" (sorry I just woke up.. still drinking my first cup of coffee)

Comment

So I'm guessing this is a live show re-enacting the film in front of a projection of it?

Cuz if it's just the stage musical, it's The Rocky Horror Show. And there are several differences - there are songs in the musical that aren't in the film and an additional character, (The Usherette) played by the same actress that plays Magenta, who sings "Science Fiction, Double Feature".

/nitpick
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I've been going for 31 years. I have experienced several different casts in different cities. it depends on the shadow cast and the audience as to the overall experience.

Good shadow cast (who knows their parts and adds a little of their own stuff and has all of the right props and sets)+ good audience (knows a LOT of great callbacks and all audience particiation parts) = great experience

you may not know all of the stuff going on and all of the call backs (local variation included) but go and have LOTS OF FUN. that is what the experience is ALL ABOUT. shared fun and weirdism

also AA in the stage production Rocky actaully has speaking lines and the movies has one deleted song that Brad sings called "Once In A While" (it is included on the 25th anniv DVD)
          Last edited by Racket_Man; 03-25-2009, 03:21 PM.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
          X