This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end of my rope--ranty

let me start by saying that i'm sorry for the rantiness that is to follow, but i need to get some things off my chest, and don't know who else to say it to. i know i should be talking to my wife or my family or both, but i'm just not sure how.

i've been sick for the last year and a half. abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, almost daily. i don't know what's wrong. half a dozen doctors haven't been able to figure it out. i went yesterday to another who finally listened to me and checked out my gall bladder. this morning i went in for an ultrasound. i'm waiting for test results now. i'm hoping for an answer, but i'm afraid that again there won't be one. if there isn't i don't know how i'm going to face getting up every day sick and in pain that won't end. it's everything i can do as it is just to get out of bed in the morning and go to work and school. i feel like i cant do it. i try to suck it up and soldier through, because i know i have people that count on me, but the pressure is getting overwhelming. i feel like shit, physically, emotionally, mentally. i feel like i need to get away, but there's nowhere to go to.

rant over, for now.
    My Space

My mother had similar issues, and turned out to have what the doctor called "Gallbladder Slush". Not quite full stones, but lots of little micro-stones. She finally had to have it removed.

Hope this test ends up being the solution for you. Long term pain isn't something I'd wish on most people.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

thanks for the thoughts. results are in, and they are 100% normal, which means i'm right back where i started, not knowing what the hell is wrong with me. i don't know how much longer i can keep up like this.
      My Space

Comment

Have you been checked for food allergies? I'm gluten intolerant, and if I ate gluten regularly I would be suffering as you are. Unfortunately, there is not a reliable test, except for a biopsy of the intestines.

My dad is not gluten intolerant, but had developed some kind of sensitivity to something in his diet, we're still not sure what. He went to a doctor who took him off everything except lettuce for three days. Then he could have lettuce and a potato for three days. Then he slowly added foods back in to his diet, each one for three days, then the next. We never found out what the cause was, but his problems cleared up, so the break in his diet seemed to help.

And I wish you the best of luck.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

My sister was going through somethin similar and my other sister suggested seeing an allergist before she considered the surgery the doctor was suggesting. Its a good thing too. Another couple of months and she would have died from her allergies. She has a lot of them the most life changing one is her allergy to all grains EXCEPT for rice. She has quite a few others she is allergic to from mushrooms to peaches.
          Take the suggestion already offered and see an allergist. If the rest of the doctors are clueless it could very well be food allergies. I'm sure you would be willing to change yoru diet to keep from feeling like this.

Comment

Working...
          X