X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, even facebook seems to bring out the crazies

Or really just my former class of 2007.

One of the guys has now been leaving very lewd comments on my Facebook. He was in my high school class as well. I've told him to LEAVE ME ALONE now and if he doesn't I'll deal with it accordingly (translation: go to the police). Just question: would one or two comments be enough to bring someone down? Or would I need more? I'm planning on taking in some screenshots of the pages with the lewd comments, but just wondering if anyone's tried anything for harassment before and if so, what's happened?

For the record, the guy who's harassing my coworkers in another thread of mine and this guy are two completely unrelated guys.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Under privacy settings there's an option to ban certain users from even seeing your page.

Comment

I'm trying that, I had a similar incident a while ago except that this went into reality as well and almost resulted in me being in a violent friendship-these so-called "friends" of mine both kept telling me to just up and leave my family, my friends and stay with them (really cutting me off from outside help). They would continually call me out on all my beliefs and ridicule them. I'm still recovering. I'm planning on doing the block and reporting him. If it continues though, then I'm considering pressing charges. On any of them.

Comment

Problem is, proving harassment over the 'net is difficult to prove. Many cops don't want to deal with it. Even if they'd do anything, it would still be your word against his. Meaning, he could always claim that "my friend did it."
        ===========

Some of you know that I've been getting some cryptic messages from someone claiming to be named "Peugeot." I have no idea who that is. But, I do know that she's full of shit. How? Well, she claimed to be a distant relative of mine. Several things didn't add up though. The most glaring...was she claimed to be a descendant of someone that I know for a fact...died when the family came across the Atlantic. Quite a few of the original Norwegian settlers died in transit. Still, it's pretty hard to be "descended" from a dead person

The 'net really does draw out the crazies. I have no idea who this person is. However, she does claim to know a bit about me. Not surprising, since there's only one root, the name isn't common (at least in the US), and there's plenty of info about my ancestors...provided you know where to look

The only reason I haven't blocked her, is simply because of the entertainment value. She's so desperate to "fit in," that she has to invent information. Can you say "total loser?" boys and girls? Oddly enough, I haven't seen any further attempts at getting in touch. Maybe she wised up, or maybe the penguins got her, I don't know. Either way, I'm not complaining
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Most of the time, cops only care about kids being solicited online...

I feel for you, though. I have a friend on Facebook from high school, we just added one another and never talked or wrote on each other's walls, then one random day he commented on one of my pics "Great rack, blas!"...I deleted that and him before my boyfriend could see that. What a retard. Do you not see that I'm in a relationship? Do you remember in middle school when you tried to start that rumor that I had sex with you and I kicked you in the shin as hard as I could? Some people never change, I guess!

And creepers from work keep finding me. I have never had to deny so many friend requests in such a small time frame. "Hi blas I work with you!" Yes, I recognize you. You're that smelly Charles Manson looking freak who watches me bend over to pick up a magazine at lunch every night. Oh, and you're the weirdo who ran into the garbage can because you were checking my friend and I out and didnt watch where you were going. IGNORE button!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

OK, a little updateyness...

I've removed him as a friend and blocked him. All he ever did was make those comments. I spoke with a friend of mine who's pretty much grown up with him and he pointed out that the comments weren't malicious, they were more just to screw with my head. NOT what I needed.

The guy's still staying blocked and I'm considering going through my high school friends this week. A lot of them I think are really only just padding up my count.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
              I spoke with a friend of mine who's pretty much grown up with him and he pointed out that the comments weren't malicious, they were more just to screw with my head. NOT what I needed.
              See that's what I don't get. How is screwing with someone's head not malicous? I can get the practical joke but to be purposfully mean and pass it off as someone else's problem strikes me as wrong.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                The most glaring...was she claimed to be a descendant of someone that I know for a fact...died when the family came across the Atlantic. Quite a few of the original Norwegian settlers died in transit. Still, it's pretty hard to be "descended" from a dead person
                Oh, you're of Norwegian descent? Me too! Most of my family came over in the 1850's and settled in Ohio first, and then the Texas Panhandle.
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                  Oh, you're of Norwegian descent? Me too! Most of my family came over in the 1850's and settled in Ohio first, and then the Texas Panhandle.
                  Cool! Dad's family came from what is now Stavanger, Norway, which is in the southern end of the country. Since they came over in 1850...our families might have even been on the same ship! They eventually settled near the town of Ossian, Iowa...and later scattered all over the place. Several ended up in Minnesota, since the climate apparently reminded of home.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Cool! Dad's family came from what is now Stavanger, Norway, which is in the southern end of the country. Since they came over in 1850...our families might have even been on the same ship! They eventually settled near the town of Ossian, Iowa...and later scattered all over the place. Several ended up in Minnesota, since the climate apparently reminded of home.
                    I'd have to look up where we're from. It's a fjord, which doesn't narrow things down at ALL. Oh wait! My mom made me a family history book, it'll have that info...*digs around room* Ummm....Skalstad, Sagn, Norway for one branch of the family, the other one from....Slidne, Valdes, Norway. Surname is Stedje, though there's a Johnson in there, too. Probably was Jansen or something like that before immigration. The Stedjes sailed from Bergen to New York in 1869, the Johnsons in 1865, so I was off by a decade. They settled in Winnebago County, Iowa, and then later moved to the Texas Panhandle, where they helped found the Oslo community where my mom grew up and my cousins still live. Wish you could see some of my family pics, but they're not scanned, just paper.
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

What's an extra few years? Supposedly, some people from that area came over here about 500 years before Columbus. Not sure if any of my group was in there, but it wouldn't surprise me I'm sure one or more came over to cause trouble

Not all of my father's side of the family was from Norway--his mother's side originated somewhere in Germany, late 1600s. As to my mother's side, I do know that several of them originally came from Germany, and have been in SW PA nearly 200 years. Other than that, very little is known about them. Their last name is so common, that finding relevant info is difficult

Comment

Working...
                      X