This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, what do YOU think, brainiac?

In the cesspit of stupid that is Yahoo! Answers, somebody asked "While driving, is it bad to listen to music using headphones/earphones?"

I guess it's no worse than driving around with your doof-doof music blasting out of your stereo, but that's terminally stupid to begin with anyway.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I have nothing against someone listening to the radio, a CD, or an iPod hooked up to a special adapter while driving, as long as it's at a reasonable volume. When you're driver, you need to keep your eyes *and* ears open, since there are certain hazards that are often heard before they're seen, i.e. emergency vehicles...which is why headphones can be a hazard.

As for those people who drive around blasting their music at unfathomable volumes, I never understood that. If they aren't already having hearing problems, then they will be in the future.

Comment

Not to mention having Headphones during driving is a secondary traffic offense. You can't get pulled over for it, but if you DO get pulled over for something, they can tack it on to the ticket.
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Working...
      X