This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had an interview today...

So I had a big job interview today. The job is as an office manager for a storage company. I would start out managing one facility, and once the second one in the area opened up, I'd be managing the both of them. The job also comes with the added benefit of a huge 2 bedroom apartment (heat, hot water, and gas included) absolutely FREE! All I'd need to pay is cable and phone.

She said she'd hopefully be making a decision by the end of the day. I don't know if that means she'll call me by the end of the day. She hasn't called yet. I keep staring at the phone hoping it'll ring.

*crosses fingers, toes, eyes, and everything else crossable*

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Quoth sexiphatchick View Post
    So I had a big job interview today. The job is as an office manager for a storage company. I would start out managing one facility, and once the second one in the area opened up, I'd be managing the both of them. The job also comes with the added benefit of a huge 2 bedroom apartment (heat, hot water, and gas included) absolutely FREE! All I'd need to pay is cable and phone.

She said she'd hopefully be making a decision by the end of the day. I don't know if that means she'll call me by the end of the day. She hasn't called yet. I keep staring at the phone hoping it'll ring.

*crosses fingers, toes, eyes, and everything else crossable*
    oooooo break a leg, hals und bein bruck, merde ....
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

So....how long should one wait before calling to check their status? The interview was Friday, and she said she'd hoped to make a decision by the end of the day. Should I call today or tomorrow? I don't want to seem desperate.....even though I am.....

*sigh*

Comment

When they hope to make a decision by then, and don't call, I always assume they have, they've made the call, and they're waiting for all the paperwork to be signed before telling the unlucky schlubs.

I always kind of figure - why call? They'll call when good and ready, one way or another. If they're going to offer it to me, they're not going to do it faster because I called. If they're not, they're probably not going to tell me so when I call.

I'm a bit of a pessimist though.

Comment

Good luck honey, I'd call tomorrow. I always use the rule of two to three business days...

Comment

I did send a thank you email today (they use email a lot so that is acceptable, according to interview etiquette that I found online). Now I don't know if I should still call or if that's going to be overkill. I want this job sooooo baaaaaaaad.

Comment

*sigh* no response to email. I'm assuming I didn't get the job. Oh well. It was only my DREAM job.

Why don't they call when they say they're going to call? And if they decide to hire someone else fine, but they could let you know.

Comment

You should probably start looking at other places (if you haven't already), but I wouldn't give up hope.

I did the same thing with the thank-you email and got no response, and I didn't want to call and be overkill. They ended up calling me with the job offer many days later. I forget how long the wait was, but it was LONG. Sometimes things happen and the decision-making process isn't as simple as they thought it was. Employers also have to be careful before extending job offers, because they have a lot they have to do before that can happen.

But of course, they could just be jerks. I also think people should call you back, but I think employers just like to see you sweat for some reason
                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I'm waiting for a call today about a hotel job.... I can't send a thank you email, cause they never gave me an email address. It's 3:15pm on the day they said I would know something... Do I call? GAH!!!

Comment

I think they just figure if they're not hiring you they'll probably never have to deal with you again, so why bother with the awkwardness of a reject phone call.

If I ever get into a position where I can hire people, I'll make sure to notify the rejects in some way, even if it's by email or mail. Something is better than nothing.

And if she does call in the future to offer me the job it'll put me in kinda a bad situation because when I figured I didn't get the job, we decided to move in with a friend and bought the paint to do our new bedroom and bathroom. I'd still take the job (of course!), but it would suck to leave her hanging.
                    Last edited by sexiphatchick; 04-10-2009, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X