This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm changing body washes ><!!!!

So I decieded to take on a small project....refinishing the top of my gaming table and replacing it with something thats no longer warped, split and has gaping holes in it.

So I find this REALLY nice piece of pine plywood, and deciede to paint it.

well, genious me forgot to get some form of paint thinner.

so here I am with paint ALL over my hands...and only soap and water to take it off...and I have a party on saturday.

So I go online....and use my googlefoo(c) and find a few solutions...one of which I actually have on hand...

I think why not? can't hurt right?

its not as effective as paint thinner, but took ALL the paint off my hands with almost no effort!!

Whats this miracle product that is just laying about the house you ask?

My body wash with Tea Tree Oil in it!!! The same stuff I use to help with my skin problems!!!!!!

Effectively immediately I'm switching body washes.

(ps- pictures of completed, and painted table will be up once I get it finished)
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I'll take that off your hands, I love the way tea tree oil smells.

That reminds me of one time when my sister got lice, Mom had heard that tea tree oil was a good way to kill them. So, she put pure tea tree oil on Sis' head.

I think she spent two hours in the shower trying to make the burn stop.

Your project reminds me that I want to make a map for space combat. My instinct is always to try and dodge above or below the other ships, and I can't do that on a 2D map. I know some people use poker chips underneath the minis to represent the different levels, but that's just not enough for me.

My current plan is clear plastic stackable trays, with squares printed on.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Tea-tree oil is very strong if you use it on its own. Just a note for the forumers: if you're going to use ANY essential oils for any reason on your skin, use a carrier oil, such as jojoba or something similar. Otherwise it burns the skin.
      I'm planning on making my own perfume with this stuff.

And hehe, I remember lice too! Ever so fun!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Sarlon: You best be posting pics soon. Me wanna see. I've been thinking of making my own gaming table. Hmm...

Anyway, why change body washs over that? Obviouslly it works well. It makes your skin your natural skin.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

pics will be posted once the paint finishes drying...and its not really fancy table wise...its a 3/4 inch plywood top measuring 4 feet by 7 1/2 feet, and slightly shorter then a standard kitchen table.

and remember kids....if you do not want to see pink dancing elephants in your living room remember to OPEN WINDOWS and move air while painting!
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
            and remember kids....if you do not want to see pink dancing elephants in your living room remember to OPEN WINDOWS and move air while painting!
            You did the pink the pink elephant
            Blinded by the sauce you know
            I'd rather stay bent...

Gah. I'll stop with the obscure songs.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

love tea tree oil! i use it alone though (it is strong)

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                You did the pink the pink elephant
                Blinded by the sauce you know
                I'd rather stay bent...

Gah. I'll stop with the obscure songs.
                Wow, the only other person besides my husband who listens to Cherry Poppin Daddies!
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Turns out I'm allergic to my tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. This bothers me, because with the eczema, I can't use normal scalp-treatment shampoos, and the tea tree oil was saving me...or so I thought.

Ugh. No clue what I'm going to do now.

*wanders off-course, dragging thread behind her*

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                    Ugh. No clue what I'm going to do now.
                    Do you have a Whole Foods or similar in your area? Go there and look through the shampoo section, you're bound to find something, or at least pick up some ideas.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I've tried most of the organic brands, at this point. It's definitely the tea tree oil that's causing it.

And there isn't a scalp-treatment shampoo out there that doesn't have tea tree oil.

Because of the eczema, I have to avoid anything with parrafin, Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulfate, or grapeseed oil. It's incredibly frustrating.

So far, the only option that's popped up is a prescription shampoo with coal tar in it, but the cost is prohibitive without prescription coverage, which I don't have, and really don't need, except for this shampoo.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                        So far, the only option that's popped up is a prescription shampoo with coal tar in it, but the cost is prohibitive without prescription coverage, which I don't have, and really don't need, except for this shampoo.
                        Coal tar? Tried Neutrogenia T-Gel? I know it's used for some skin conditions. Might be helpful. Here's the ingredient list:
                        Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Laureth-4, Fragrance, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Sodium Laureth Sulfate
                          Yup. That's the problem. It sets off the skin issues.

Yes, I get the irony. It never fails to amuse me.

I actually used that in adolescence, until the eczema on my arms got to be so bad that they took me off all commercial soaps and put me on prescriptions. Which rapidly went WAY over my prescription allowance. That's when the organics became my friends.

However, if this continues, I might have to have my diagnosis changed to multiple chemical sensitivities with autoimmune reactions, which would just be SO MUCH FUN!

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                            Yup. That's the problem. It sets off the skin issues.
                            Ah, sorry. Though that's why I searched for the ingredients, in case there was something. Good thing I did =\
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

wow yea it really sucks to be allergic to one of the main ingredients in so many products, even organic.

what about calling a dermatologist or hair stylist for suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X