This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so confused. Need anwers. (Long)

I live with my mom and my mom's friend. We all pay equal share in rent, bills, and consider ourselves roommates.

A few months ago, our roommate let a coworker of hers in our home. She heard rumors that this woman was a thief, but thought she could watch her. They got drunk. Naturally my wallet, that was in my coat in the kitchen showed up missing. My ID, social card, debit card, cash, pictures, health code blah blah blah.

I do misplace my wallet, so I search standard places. Nowhere. I clean my room. Nope. GONE. I cancel my cards, etc etc. Roommate is so ashame, helps pay for my ID, takes me to lunch. I was mad, but I didn't completly blame her. She was drunk.
    My mom had other words, but held them in check for the most part.

Roomate during this time even told me the stories she heard. She confronted her at her work, and told her that her roomates wallet was missing. The coworker said she didn't steal my wallet, using male. My coworker never said she lived with a male, so yeah...

But whatever, forgive and forget. Its over. I'm out, and the human race keeps being the shitheads the bulk of them are.

Roomate knows of my feelings towards people. The general hatred I have. The gut feelings that are normally right. And the fact I tend to do the right thing, even if I get in trouble/hurt for it.

Now, little bit ago, A very close friend told me she was going to visit me. Since she out of state, she'll be here for 2 weeks. I'm estactic. Mom cool, and wants it to happen. She been hoping I get a close friend like her for a very long time.

I do a dumbass move, and tell girl its ok, before telling roomate. I made a mistake. Mom tries to tell her. Roomate freaks out. ALOT. Saying horrible things. Mom does the remark that me saying I trust someone, is saying ALOT. Speaking volumes about someones character.
    Not enough. Roomate wants to know if I be able to watch her while I'm taking a shower. Mom does standard smartass remakr that I learned from her, (Which was seeing as they'll likely take showerst ogether... yeah)

But roomate isn't having any of it, and gave us all the silent treatment. I tried talking to her, and got very polite terse talkings. Roomate is now moving away. We can't afford rent, so we gotta get another place too, which may take up all my savings.
    A few times we had family member here, (My aunt Rena, who lost her granddaughter, my cousin Natasa to Cancer), my mom being who she is, would tell roomate that don't worry, she watching her sister real close.

I tried asking roomate what was up, and she won't answer too much. I'm feeling horrible. This is my fault. She wouldn't have done this if I just asked first.

Now just a few minutes ago, before I started to type this, I hear her talking on the phone. She likely thinks I'm asleep.

She complaining about having to get my ID. She complaing about taking me to lunch. I TRIED TO FORCE HER NOT TO PAY! I didn't want it! IT WASNT HER FAULT. But she wouldn't have it, and when you have an angry woman, its best to do what they say.

I talk to my mom. My mom told me she been done with her bestfriend for a long time. The only reason we all got a place together, was to help her. My sister is happy. Sue wouldn't even visit mom during her surgerys and heart attacks she had.

I don't understand. I'm trying to figure out why she became such a well, BITCH?! I been polite to her. Years ago, when I was 14, I'd walk her home when she was so shitface drunk she kept falling down, and doing joking sexual references to me. (We both did this, nothing serious). Since this was before her operation, it was very hard to get her up again. This was of course begging her just to take my bed and I sleep on the couch, but her not wanting it. I took care of her babies (cats) when she was out of town. She made me food. I watch out for her, help her out.

I still can't feel like this isn't my fault, because why would she complain about doing that? That was the starting of the downfall of how she treated us. Since I work alot at nights, and sleep during the day, I didn't see her too much.

Granted, mom likely had some hand in it too. We both disliked her favorite cat, since her favorite cat tend to like to claw and bite and make my own cat a shaking mess that she had to live in my room since we moved here a while back out of abjact fear of being attacked by it. But we never hit it, or insulted it, we even pet it. When it got lost in the winter storm Portland was hit, I felt so bad because I was the last one to see it before I left, it must have ran out. I searched every day for seval hours. Roommate didn't really care. She made remarks that it was likely already dead. Natuarlly it came back to my relief, though not to my cat since she could play in the house with the other cat just fine.

I pay attention to her granddaughter, who after the thievery incident, just didn't want to play with me. (We'd watch TV, or play stupid games on the computer. She even drew a picture for me).

But now, I hear her complaining. I just don't get it. I feel guilty. Mom happy. Everyone is happy. Except me. Even Sue doesn't seem to happy.

She use to call me her son too. I was a far better one then her real one, who ran out on her when he was 15. He came back in her life when she got some money. Now he borrows her car at all hours. Threatens to not bring his daughter if he doesn't.

I couldn't do that. I can be an jackass to people I don't like, but I'll be nice to assholes if it means that a person I do love would be happy, so I treated her son like a real person despite I knew what a greedy twoface thieivng drug user he was.

I'm just confused. I don't know what to make of it.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Some people are just jerks.

My google-fu is off so I can't exactly quote the elephant handler from The Simpsons. Basically, some elephants, just like people, are "just jerks".

I guess all you have to do here is try to shake it off, remember that you and your mom are better people than her, and recognise that some people, no matter what you do for them, will never be thankful or grateful or even just good friends.

Comment

Wow. I kinda feel responsible now.

I'm sorry I led her to do that.

I won't be much trouble. I promise.

And close friend? Darling, I'm your girlfriend. I'll let it slide. lol
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

*snerks* McGoddess...your boy needs a hug. He got all flustered and now just needs some comfort from his lady. So get to it! Rar!

Plaidman...the lady who is moving out is acting like a spoiled Princess. The world does not revolve around herand until she figures that out, she's going to keep burning bridges until she finds herself on a island alone. That being said....budget budget budget when it comes to looking for a new apartment.

Comment

Plaid, McG, both of you, stop. Seriously, just....stop. Because neither one of you is to blame. The only one to blame here is the Roommate.

And since I have no problem calling something what it is, I'll say what others have thought: she is a fucking idiot, a diva, a jerk, a user, and a douchewaffle. I fart in her general direction, and make fun of her mother the elderberry. (Yes, I know that's not the quote. Hush. I'm rolling now.) I wish her a speedy move (and bumpy, too, so lots of her shit breaks) so that she can get out of your lives that much faster.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Agreed with the others. She can invite someone over and you cannot? Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?

Seriously, you may have slipped by not mentioning it first, but mistakes happen. She needs to get over it.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Slash her throat! Eat her eyes! STEAL HER SHOES!!!

*ahem* Sorry, got a little carried away.

May she fall down a very deep hole.

Comment

Quoth goldaries13 View Post

O.o *shifts away to hide behind the awesome Jester*

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  O.o *shifts away to hide behind the awesome Jester*
                  What makes you think I disagree with the sentiment you were hiding from?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I fart in her general direction

Call me immature, but that had me laughing.
                    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      What makes you think I disagree with the sentiment you were hiding from?
                      Cause I don't want to get covered in blood and guts and gore?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        Cause I don't want to get covered in blood and guts and gore?
                        And what makes you think I would stop the blood, guts and gore, OR protect you from them? Hell, I might help in the carnage.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Cause you would be getting the blood guts and gore on you and I would be behind you and out of the way of the spray?

Comment

I'm not that large a fellow, blood and gore have a habit of getting everywhere, and if I joined the fray, you would have no protection.

Getting back to the OP....yeah, the roommate is a fuckwit.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I was mad, but I didn't completly blame her. She was drunk.
                              Call me judgmental, but frankly, that's no excuse. She invites someone over who she apparently admittedly does not trust and proceeds to get drunk? And she sounds like a bit of a...what's the word?... oh, yeah - hypocrite.

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                              Wow. I kinda feel responsible now.

I'm sorry I led her to do that.
                              NOT your fault. Plaidman should have told her first, perhaps - not asked her permission; you pay an equal share of the rent, you have an equal right to have guests - but not really his fault, either. This woman sounds, for lack of a better word, a tad unbalanced (sorry, I don't have Jester's way with words ).

Quoth goldaries13 View Post

Don't you think stealing her shoes is going just a bit too far? Besides, how will she run away if she has no shoes?

Oh, and what Jester said.

Moar giggles.

And just for the hell of it.

Ah, one more.
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-12-2009, 02:14 AM. Reason: cuz we NEEDS giggles!
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X