This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have a lot of luck with Good Friday

Really, bad stuff always seems to happen. For me, Good Friday is not so good.

I am lucky this year that all that happened was a long, painful series of petty accidents, minor injuries, and severe aggravation starting from the time I woke up till now.

I dropped a box on my foot this morning, and it landed on it's corner on the top of my bare foot. Pain. Lots of pain. I have a nice little bruise and red mark there that is hurting as I type.

I wish I had a nickle for every time I got a rock or whatever to the instep or heel. Got stabbed by several needles inside a pincushion, one of which inserted itself, eye end first, into my thumb.

All the calluses sloughed off my right hand from wearing rubber gloves for five days running cleaning various things. Then I went to music practice. You know, the calluses keep your hand from hurting like hell when you play a stringed instrument. You kind of need those. I didn't have much of them at practice. Just some tender skin where they used to be.

The best one was when I went to get a bottle of hot sauce out of the fridge, fumbled it, and ended up spiking it into the top of my big toe, right at the base of the nail bed, so hard I nearly vomited from pain. I fell down to my knees holding my foot. The sudden movement caused a horrible charlie horse to grab up in my rib cage (that happens sometimes) so hard I couldn't breathe. So here I am in toe agony, and I can't even breathe. Husband runs over, gets me some ice, and tries to help. I'm laying there in the fetal position with my eyes watering, trying to recover, and he says, and I quote, "RK, why are you barefoot? You have more shoes than me and (the kid) combined, why do you not put on some shoes if you keep hurting yourself?"

I was trying to say "Fuck you" but you have to be able to inhale to say that.

I knew this day was gonna suck from the git go.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    "RK, why are you barefoot? You have more shoes than me and (the kid) combined, why do you not put on some shoes if you keep hurting yourself?"
    o.
    He sounds like me, or I sound like him, either way.

Hope you're feeling better this morning.

Comment

today was MUCH better, thanks!

Comment

For me, Good Friday is not so good.
        The original Good Friday wasn't a walk in the park either.

*hugs*
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

True, true.

In fact, I always wondered what was so "good" about it. Maybe they use the word "good" in the title as a show of respect and not as a descriptive.

Comment

I asked my Mom once.

I unfortunately no longer remember the answer.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

True, true.

In fact, I always wondered what was so "good" about it. Maybe they use the word "good" in the title as a show of respect and not as a descriptive.
              It's "Good" Friday because Jesus died that day which then opened Heaven allowing souls to enter in again, so it's "good" for those of the Christian faith.

Comment

"RK, why are you barefoot? You have more shoes than me and (the kid) combined, why do you not put on some shoes if you keep hurting yourself?"

I was trying to say "Fuck you" but you have to be able to inhale to say that.
                Really. Too bad you can't kick someone in a state like that either.

*offers chocolate*
                I'm sorry. Glad to hear the next day was better, at least.

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                It's "Good" Friday because Jesus died that day which then opened Heaven allowing souls to enter in again, so it's "good" for those of the Christian faith.
                Ah. You learn something new all the time. Thanks.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

My husband had a pretty sucky Good Friday, too. He had a vasectomy.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking it was the "opening heaven" thing that put the "good" in the title. Still, why not "Holy Friday" or "Sacred Friday"?

It did occur to me that considering the history of the day, and the suffering associated with it, it was kind of stupid and petty of me to complain about a smashed toe (and assorted other petty annoyances.)

Comment

Working...
                    X