This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its a sighting

I am not sure tho, can family members call you at work, to demand you return stolen property back to them, when you do not have said property?

OK, I am sitting at work today, cell phone goes off (allowed to answer if we think its emergency) and the caller is my grandmother demanding I bring back her precious picture of obama that went missing.. she refused to believe I did not take it, because 'everyone would want a picture of him!' Im.... miffed....
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

I suppose grandma can't be expected to know your schedule. Pretty bizarre claim, but I wouldn't panic over having rung you during the day. Using the phrase "call you at work" implies she rang your corporate office and asked for you, not that she rang your cell and you happened to answer.

Who in hell would steal a picture of anyone off a grandma anyway? I don't think I've ever seen anybody's "picture of ...." that I wanted for myself.

Truly strange.

Comment

Has your grandma acted in similar fashion before? Reason why I'm asking is that the type of behavior you're describing is typical of persons with advanced Alzheimer's Disease or Dementia. Persons who are in advanced stages can act quite unlike themselves in the form of imagining items disappearing/stolen when in fact they've probably moved it and can't recall doing so.

And it's usually the children/grandchildren who are closest to them that they lash out at. Sad to say, but it's been known to happen.

Now if this is just an isolated incident, I wouldn't worry about it much. But to err on the side of caution you may want to make mention to your parents about it that you're concerned about Grandma, especially if she's well advanced in years.

Not trying to scare anyone - it's just a little food for thought.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

This reminds me of an incident that happened about twenty years ago. My mother was dying, or had died, of a brain cancer. I was accused of stealing a picture of me, my brother and my sister. I think my sister did the accusing. She was jealous of me (I'm the oldest, she is #3). As it turns out, the picture was soon found hidden in the small closet with the heater and A/C unit. I suspect I know who hid it there. My brother has since had copies made for everyone.

(I'm glad I got to tell someone about this.)

The point is, although the picture is missing, the accused may be a meer foil to conceal the real person who took the picture.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Has your grandma acted in similar fashion before? Reason why I'm asking is that the type of behavior you're describing is typical of persons with advanced Alzheimer's Disease or Dementia.

Or, she could just have had a brain fart.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Well, actually she thinks everyone in the family are thieves, as well as not good for anything, nor allowed our own opinion.. we believe she is becoming mentally backlogged, and is reverting...

but cant prove that yet... bah it was just bewildering, to get a call at my company's line, requesting to speak to me, for this....
            Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
            pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
            X