This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretch Jeans Rant And Help?

So, the new trends in girls' jeans are those gosh awful skinny jeans that were once a bad memory of the 80s, horrid high waist lines, and then there's the polar opposite....stretchy more relaxed fit "boyfriend" jeans.

Neither of them compliment my body type. I have an hourglass figure, tapered legs, and I'm very short. I need low rise jeans, because I do have the right body to wear them. They need to be snug, even tight, in the hips, butt, thighs and knees because of how my legs are shaped and how short my legs are. They can have a slight flare or be a little baggy at the bottom, but I simply cannot wear jeans that are tight all the way down or overly stretchy and baggy.

Because of these unflattering jean trends, my only option for quality jeans that somewhat compliment my body are jeans from The Buckle. Quite expensive jeans, but they are the best quality jeans aside from American Eagle, who now only sells skinny jeans and overly baggy relaxed fit girls' jeans.

The Buckle offers free alterations on their jeans. I need to call them and ask if the alterations are only good when you are at the store buying the jeans, or if you can get them altered after you buy them, wash them, and they are still a little too big.

I have bought 3 pairs of their jeans....when I first put them on, they look amazing, but after a few hours, they start to stretch and get way too baggy in the butt, thighs and knees.

Is there anyway I can shrink them to fit myself, or am I better off getting them altered? One pair is 100% cotton, two of them are 99% cotton. I have washed them all in cold water only so far, but dried them on hot setting. It hasn't done anything to shrink them.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I'm sorry, no ideas on how to shrink them if you've already put them in the dryer.

For jeans I feel your pain though - when I find some that are 85% + fit, I buy them - sometimes two. I have 3 pairs right now, so that tells you something!

Try Lands End. A little "older" less trendy but that sounds like what you may need. Or consignment and thrift stores - they're more likely to have a range of styles than most stores nowadays.

Good luck.

Comment

wear jeans that suit your figure and incorporate the latest trend in your top or accessories

to try and shrink wash them in HOT water and dry them on hot (you will have to do that every time) as they will stretch back out of shape with every wear.

if you wear jeans a lot and they still don't fit right, get them altered even if you have to pay for it. you will find it worth it in the end.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Gotta wait until the mall opens to call The Buckle. Hopefully they can alter jeans that have been previously purchased, but are still fairly new. I bought them very recently.

Comment

I have a pair of jeans from Buckle. I wore them a couple of times before I had the store alter them. No problem there.

However, I don't like the way they did the alteration. They cut off the excess fabric, folded the hem up once, then stitched them. So I've got open fabric ends on the inside of the hem. I have to cut of frays all the time, and don't know if the jeans are eventually going to just unravel.

Nice alteration job on a $100 pair of jeans, guys. And it's not like I've got extra $$ lying around to buy another pair.

Comment

I ended up having to make an appointment with a professional alteration shop, because when I called Buckle, they said they only alter your jeans if they are too long.

It doesn't sound too expensive, but it will depend on how much they will be able to do. The lady said that a lot of girls have been coming in lately to get their stretch jeans altered tighter.

Even if they can only make them a little tighter in the leg, that'd be great.

Comment

I feel your pain. Those friggin' skinny jeans look terrible on me and if I wear the baggier jeans I look like I have no ass. High-waisted jeans fall off me because of how my hips are shaped.

Fashion is stupid.
              Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

AMEN to that, Marty!

My legs are too short for the skin tight all the way down jeans. Wearing those, my legs look like thin little stumps. When my jeans stretch and get baggy, it looks like I pooped my pants and my legs look like chunky little stumps.

High waisted jeans give me a gunt or a FUPA as me and my friends call it. Having the waist of your jeans up to your ribcage doesn't look good on women with curves....what the hell are people thinking. I am one of those people who can wear jeans that sit low on my hips, so why can't you just let me have a few pairs of them! Not every woman is 5'10 and 110 lbs.

Comment

And, of course, a decent pair of women's jeans costs half again as much as a pair of guy's jeans, but I can't wear them because anything cut with enough room for my ass falls off my hips.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My fabulous friend Jen saved my ass (almost literally ) with a bag full of hand me down jeans - low rise, extra long. I cannot wear skinny high waisted jeans AT ALL - like Blas, the high waist ones hit my ribcage, which is both unattractive and highly uncomfortable, especially once I've had to belt the damn things in because the only curve anywhere on my body is the 12" differential between my hips and waist... I also have very muscular legs and butt from cycling, which means that the skinny jeans won't go over my thighs at all, and the stupid boyfriend cut ones give me a droopy ass.

I did the 80s the first time around. Don't need that again. And I also hate the snotty sales clerks who appear to have forgotten any other fashion ever existed and who rolled their eyes at me for daring to wear a size larger than 0. (My LEG is a size 0. By itself. I was kind of afraid to move anywhere near this one teenage clerk because I thought I might accidentally hip-check her into next week!).

If you can find Parasuco brand jeans, they still do a good low waist/boot cut.

Comment

This is why I'm glad I found two pairs of boot-cut jeans at JC Penney that claim to be "mid-rise." Low-rise feel like they're going to fall off the moment I move, since they barely come halfway up my wide hips. High-rise are just too high, and look silly when I belt them, which I almost invariably have to in order to keep them on; I've got extra long legs and a wide enough butt that I have to go with at least one size up from what my waist likes. The mid-rise I found fit wonderfully, and I managed to get them on sale.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I hope you bought two or three pairs! That's what I have vowed to do next time I find jeans that fit.

Comment

I need regular waist bootcuts. It is the only ones I can wear. I too have an hourglass figure, but have long legs and a really high waist, so I can't wear low waisters without dreaded muffin tops.

The only jeans I've found that work? Levi's 629 bootcut. And because I want black jeans and they're only in blue I have to dye them, so £75 in total.

And I have to go for a 36" waist. I don't think so. My waist may be up near my rib cage, but it's still only 27".
                          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Personally, I hate low cut jeans. I do feel your pain...it's really hard to find my preferred type of jean as well, which is high waist, straight leg. Everything out there is either low cut or flared/boot cut. Even when I do find the regular cut jeans, finding my size (10 short) is nearly impossible.

Low cut on the right person is fine but even the girls with the right build (no muffin top) like my sisters have end up flashing plumbers crack when they bend over. Sorry, don't want to see that, nor the top of your thong thank you. Eew.
                            My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Working...
                            X