This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!

For a bit now I've been trying to get back onto ADD medicine. I went from one doctor who flat out told me I didn't know what I was talking about to another who was actually nice but wouldn't prescribe anything. Despite me having been on it from early elementry school to my first year of college, because of the gap when I was off insurance, rules said he couldn't. Both of them however were willing to start prescribing if I got rediagnosed. When I went to the person that the first doctor recommended, I found out that no, sorry, my insurance does not cover a $3000 test. My therapist recommended someone who I went to see yesterday. I was expecting to talk to him and find out how much the tests where there and try again with the insurance. The guy went over a bunch of stuff and next thing I know, he's talking about which one he's going to put me on and so forth. I wasn't able to take the prescription after the appointment but I'll be doing that after work today, and finally I'll be back on the medication. Man I hope this helps. I have been trying to do so much data entry and such at work at keeping my mind on it has been next to impossible. I'm not expecting a miricle or for all my problems to be over, but even a little help would be enough.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Yea!, I'm glad you found someone to help you.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

That's great news! I couldn't believe how much better I did at work AND in my personal life once I got medication sorted out. Mind you, I wasn't diagnosed till adulthood so I didn't have much of a frame of reference

I think that when I had to call twice to get directions to the psychiatrist's office, and lost the pen they gave me to fill out the form within 3 seconds, there wasn't a lot of room for doubt!

Comment

Today was the first day on meds (I took longer to get it filled than I thought I would) so hopefully it goes good and the dosage doesn't have to be changed. He put me on Vyvance (sp?).
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Good luck with it! I had to look up Vyvanse, as it's one of the newer ones. I only had to change meds once; I tried Adderall and it was too strong for me (hyperfocusing on something you're anxious about? Not so great. I wandered around demanding why the hell anyone would take amphetamines for fun...), but I've been doing really well with Dexedrine 10 mg Spansules for two years now.

My student health plan didn't cover the Adderall anyway ($75 a month! ), but the Dexedrine is covered as well as being way cheaper (as in, $8 a month). Depending on what coverage you have and the specific laws in your area, you might want to ask about generic Dexedrine - it's bioidentical to Vyvanse and as a generic it could be a lot cheaper.

My bike is also a major part of my ADD strategy/treatment.

Comment

Working...
          X