This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow internet for everyone else?

I noticed it at work but I thought it was just our network but when I got home I had the same thing.

It seems like, regardless of what site, pages are responding and loading very slowly today.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I realize this is probably less than helpful, but I'm fine. Granted, the ENTIRE INTERNET would have to be dying before we both had issues, but still, there it is.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

You'd never know - one cable (or was it two?) brought down just about the entire middle east and many other areas...

Seems like accessing many sites is very slow today - this site doesn't seem to be too affected by it but gMail is horrible, Facebook is slow, and a couple of other forums I visit are very slow.

Edit: I'm starting to think Google is the culprit. I did a search and the image hadn't even loaded up before I was done typing and took about 10 seconds to pull up the results. If they're slow, it could ripple out to tens of thousands of sites.
      Last edited by draggar; 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

My internet's fine, althogh a couple of weeks ago I called my ISP's help line to get a recorded message saying "If you are calling about network outages in South Australia, be advised that technicians are solving the problem".

Apparently some spam king didn't like that they told people how to delete his bots, so he launched a DDOS attack.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          I realize this is probably less than helpful, but I'm fine. Granted, the ENTIRE INTERNET would have to be dying before we both had issues, but still, there it is.
          omg don't ever say that.... I just about died of fright!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yeah my internet was slow earlier today as well. I tried to get on Facebook and YouTube and it took forever! So I just gave up and decided to try again after I got off work (which is now). Who knows what it was, but it seems fine now.
            Last edited by SG15Z; 04-17-2009, 05:13 AM. Reason: Facebook, not CS. lol

Comment

Working...
            X