This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's happening...

I'm sorry. I know I don't usually post at this late at night, but to be honest, I don't think I'll be able to consciously get to sleep tonight.

For the past few years now, my grandmother has been in and out of hospital, fighting varying illnesses. During that time, there has been times where we thought she would pass on. By the grace of whatever divine entity you may believe in, for those few years, she has survived those incidents.

This week though, she has been getting steadily worse. Tonight, at roughly 11:45pm Mountain Time, we got a call that my grandmother has been off oxygen for a while and has slipped into an unconscious state, with no successful attempts to revive her. It looks like over the course of the next 24 hours, she will pass on.

On the one hand, I'm sad. I do love her and I will miss her. On the other hand, I'm relieved that not only will she be out of pain, but she will finally be with her husband who she has been without for over 20 years.

I will update with news as I get it.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

I'm sorry to hear that. Sending hugs.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

*snugs and hugs*

Comment

Sending tons of hugs your way.

Comment

*gives hugs and a shoulder*
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Sorry about the delay, but we all needed our rest. I personally was on-and off for 5 hours and just got the news from my mom who got home at 5AM and was asleep until now.

MY grandmother's stable, but still comatose. Pretty much it's at the stage where she's totally on life support and it's probably the only thing keeping her alive.

Thank you for your well wishes. We've been in seeing this come for some time now, so I don't think I'll be shedding to many tears when she passes on, more relief that she's out of pain.
            I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Im sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you and your family.
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Sorry to hear that
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

*many hugs*
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Sorry it took so long after I heard the news myself, but I needed what little sleet I got. I'm still tired and a little weak.

It's over. At 3:10AM mountain time, we got the call from my dad who was with grandma at the time. She passed away at roughly 3AM. Thankfully she passed away quietly and peacefully.

It was expected, but it still hurts. Goodbye grandma, I'll miss you.
                    I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

We're here for you hon. I'm so sorry about your loss. You and yours are in my thoughts, and I'll light a candle for your family in this hard time. -offers many hugs and a shoulder to cry on-

Comment

I'm sorry. I've been there, too. Even when you expect it, it's still hard when it happens.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                        X