This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor arrested

To my utter and complete shock, the gentleman who lives across the street from me was arrested the other day after a domestic disturbance in which he (allegedly) assaulted his wife with a knife.

This happened six nights ago and I only heard about it today.

I've known this guy and his wife for 22 years (they've been living there longer than I've been in this house) and I have NEVER known there to be any difficulties. Hell, I used to dog-sit for them, even though I'm not a dog person.

I'm wondering if perhaps the guy had some sort of mental episode due to his age (he's almost 80).

And you know, from where I'm sitting right now (and where I was at the time this took place) I have a window in front of me and to my left that looks directly towards their house and i never saw the cops there.

I hope everyone's OK. This is really very sad.

It's also the SECOND major incident on my street in the last two weeks. A couple Sundays ago, the police and fire department were at the house down the road. It turns out they guy who lived there had passed away in his sleep and was finally discovered dead (ew). Also very sad.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Wow. If this is truly out of character for him it could be related to dementia or some other health issue. Then again, some people are good at hiding certain things. Scary, either way.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Alzheimer's also causes serious rages. Needless to say, the diseased one forgets after the incident. I have a great aunt and uncle in that boat.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
      X