This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy price increases?

I noticed a lot of items in this week's ad are priced higher than usual?

For example:

PNY 8GB thumb drive, the same SKU as I bought:

On sale - $14 off to $27.99

I bought the same exact drive for $19.99 a month (or so) ago.

It also seems that they're bundling a bunch of cheap accessories with something just to charge an extra $30-$50 (OK, this is pretty normal).

I wonder what gives? Trying to increase their profit margin?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Locally, we had a Circuit City just up the street from Best Buy. Since CC is now closed, it didn't take long for Best Buy to raise prices. Wal-Mart doesn't carry as much electronics as Best Buy does, and because of that they can get away with it.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Best Buy is also pulling a Circuit City and will be laying off many associates.

http://www.suntimes.com/business/152...041609.article

Comment

Like Protege said they're the only game in town now if you buy electronics from a store. I've been shopping for ram for a couple of store's computers. I can get most of it for about half what I can get it for if I walk into a Bestbuy
        "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Personally, I only go to Future Shop (owned by Best Buy) for an emergency replacement for my computer. If I want it fast, I order it from Memory Express. If I can wait, I order it from NCIX. If it's a game, I go to EB Games or GameStop or order it from Amazon.

Say what you will about GameStop/EB Games, but I used to work with the people in theses stores and got treated very well from them.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

There's a Game Stop in town...I have to go at a very low traffic time. For I am female and therefore not a serious enough gamer to attract an associate's attention. Actually, low traffic times are also good because there aren't any...ahem...precious young ones and their wonderful parents about.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              For I am female and therefore not a serious enough gamer to attract an associate's attention.
              Spend a little money, make a little conversation, they'll remember you. I'm considerably overweight and not at all pretty, but I've never had any issue with help at the game store since they all play WoW, most played EQ before that, and several times a year we're in for stuff for the Wii, DS, or PS2.
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I just realized their "sale" prices on 100 packs of DVD-R / DVD+R media. Used to go on sale for $22-$40, now "on sale" is $45-$50.

They are getting comfortable. Thank god Staples, Office Depot, and OfficeMax usually have good sales on those, too.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  I just realized their "sale" prices on 100 packs of DVD-R / DVD+R media. Used to go on sale for $22-$40, now "on sale" is $45-$50.

They are getting comfortable. Thank god Staples, Office Depot, and OfficeMax usually have good sales on those, too.
                  The downside is they're good only on consumable supplies. They're still usually expensive on things like memory, hard drives, etc.
                  "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Eh, during any given week I'll drive by (maybe even stop in the same plaza as) 2 Staples, 3-4 Office Depots, 1 Office Max, 2-3 Best Buys...
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                    X