This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatcha reading?

I'm reading "The Poet" by Michael Connelly.

...and you?
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

I'm reading the forums!

Comment

Forums and I just got into the "Haunted Bookship Mystery" books. So far there are five books out with a sixth coming soon. I have four of the five and just realized I'm missing the third book, meh. So far so good and I'm loving the mild romance thrown in.

Comment

Vellum - by I forget...lol.
        Ink Exchange - Melissa Marr
        Some good old H.P Lovecraft..
        A World of Warcraft Trilogy

Yes, Im reading all 4 at the same time. Yes, Im just that damn good..(or I have ADD....)

Comment

Oh geez, what all am I reading now... Irrational Season by Madeleine L'Engle, Interview With A Vampire, Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Tale of Two Cities...couple others, I forget what...
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm currently finishing up "Titanicus" by Dan Abnett. After that I have no idea, and am a little bummed by that.
            "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Since I last posted in the 50 books thread--

--Mary Queen of Scots and the Isles
              -- Queen Victoria From Her Birth To The Death Of The Prince Consort
              --Victoria's Daughters
              --Where The Red Fern Grows
              --Blanche of Castile

and a few others that I don't remember at this moment.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Lets see, reading lately. I seem to be on a history kick again

Doomed Queens
                Ancient Rome
                Fablehaven
                Arabain Nights
                about to start Mistborn
                plus a few others

I am so glad I am not the only one that reads a lot of books at once

Plus I am on the hunt for Pride and Predjuice and Zombies. But everywhere is backordered, excepts Powell's in Oregon. For some reason the hubby doesn't think I should be going to Oregon to a HUGE used book store. Not sure why, looks around at the piles of books. ooooh maybe that is why
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I just finished Tim Dorsey's latest, "Nuclear Jellyfish." Anyone who is not familiar with Dorsey, he is sort of like Carl Hiaasen, only funnier and less political. If you like crime and violence and laughs and utter insanity, trust me, check out some Tim Dorsey. First one is "Florida Roadkill," and they only get better from there.

And if you ever bump into Tim during a book signing, just remember....he likes Jack Daniel's on the rocks. (I got him drunk one evening. )

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                  But everywhere is backordered, excepts Powell's in Oregon. For some reason the hubby doesn't think I should be going to Oregon to a HUGE used book store.
                  Powell's is one of the two greatest bookstores I have ever been in, the other one being Strand's in New York City.

But I do believe Powell's is online, so you don't actually have to GO there.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    But I do believe Powell's is online, so you don't actually have to GO there.
                    It is online. Some how that is worse. I could look in the history section for hours.
                    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I've actually been TO Powell's. It is a booklover's dream. As is Strand's.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                        about to start Mistborn
                        And now I know what goes on my list after I've re-read the rest of the Miles Vorkosigan books. I just love Brandon Sanderson, I almost want to read the entire Wheel of Time series, just to read the three he's finishing.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

The Necessity of Theatre
                          American Alternative Theatre
                          About 15 different books and articles on Anna Deavere Smith (for a paper)
                          Living History Museums
                          An article I'm translating

How many weeks of school are left? Because I'm losing my MIND!!!!!!

(And coming up, approximately 60 3-5 page papers will be added to the pile. YAY.)
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene, which I hope to finish before my 40th birthday (am currently in my mid-twenties)
                            The Survivor's Club, by Ben Sherwood
                            The Complete Idiot's Guide to Drawing Manga, 2nd Edition
                            Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

And I am this close to giving in and starting Tad Williams's "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn" series. Oh yeah, and my sister's copy of Inkdeath is sitting in the to-read pile. I should read that so I can return it; it's only been sitting there for four months.

Comment

I'm currently rereading the Dresden books. I just finished book 7 last night and am trying to hurry since I haven't read the new one yet. I'm waiting and reading them in order.
                              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
                              X