This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boys.....

ok so this is kinda weird, but since im not good at deciphering, and while ive asked a few friends i want opinions form others too.

so there's this guy i worked with (he got promoted and transferred this past Saturday) i worked with him for 6 years, and we became friends, as many of us have done. on top of that ive always had a 'thing' for him, if you will.

when i first told him i was 17 and he was 27 (yea i know 10 years--but hes at the maturity level of me) so that kinda set him back and said he liked me as a friend.

the next couple years he ended up dating 2 other girls that worked there. neither relationship worked :P

but since then i really haven't brought up the subject, because hes an awkward type of person. you ask him a serious question, he has a hard time answering. hes just kinda weird/shy. which is fine.

so last sat night a group of us went out to celebrate his promotion. and he got drunk haha. poor guy. a few of us went back to his apartment after, and the entire time we were there he kept close to me, even sitting with me and keeping his arm around me. no im sure this can happen to anyone...

but he does this every time to me when he gets drunk. even when he was dating the other girls. but ive never made a move, because well, i didn't want to get in a fight

my friends seem to think that he does like me, and since hes so awkward sober, being drunk he can relax, and he says stuff that he would have a hard time saying sober.( i'm like that too--cept i don't drink)

basically the guy is sending me confusing signals. what the hell is going on here?

Okay, kids, remember this: NASA sends signals. TV stations send signals. Radio towers send signals.

People, on the other hand, have emotions, feelings, and thoughts that really cannot be readily deciphered by signals we think we may or may not be receiving. There are exceptions, of course. For example, if that big ugly guy in the corner keeps staring at you while scowling and punching his fist into his palm, it is a clear signal that he means you ill will. If a man walks up to you and whips out his pecker and rubs it up and down your high heels, it's a clear signal that he has a shoe fetish. (And that it's time to clean your shoes.)

But in normal everyday situations, please, for the love of beer, STOP trying to read signals from someone you may or may not be attracted to. Seriously. Just....bloody..... STOP!!!

Sara, if you want to know if your awkward and befuddled goofball is romantically inclined towards you, either ask him directly or lean over and plant one on him. Either way, you should get a reaction. It may not be the reaction you WANT, but it should be a reaction.

Of course, if the guy is 29 (by the timeline of your story) and he still can't manage to express interest in a girl in some coherent fashion, I have to wonder about him. A lot. I also have to wonder about a guy his age who is on the same maturity level of someone who just got the right to vote. But that's just me.

Good luck, either way.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

im 22 hes 32. yea its not a good sign haha

well tomorrow im going to just ask him. if he like to hang out, see a movie on sautrday night. cant hurt right?

Comment

Carpe diem! Go for it! Worst thing he can say is no.

Well, that's not the worst thing he can say, but let's not delve into THAT pile!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Carpe diem! Go for it! Worst thing he can say is no.

Well, that's not the worst thing he can say, but let's not delve into THAT pile!
          haha actually ill shoot for sunday (thats the only day i can make a showing of the movie i wanna see)

my guess is he wants to know who else will go.

*crosses fingers*!!

Comment

I have to jump in here with a suggestion, as I kind of overlooked this before.

If this is going to be a DATE, as in your first official romantic interlude with the boy.....do NOT go to the movies. Generally speaking, that is the worst choice possible. Why? Well, a first date is all about getting to know each other (in your cases, more in a romantic sense, as you've known each other for a little while now) and interacting. In a movie, there is generally not much real interaction. I am not saying you should never go to a movie for a date, but as a first date, it just doesn't do much.

Just my two Canadian cents. (I've been trying to get rid of those damn Canadian pennies since someone tossed them in my tip jar last week.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              I have to jump in here with a suggestion, as I kind of overlooked this before.

If this is going to be a DATE, as in your first official romantic interlude with the boy.....do NOT go to the movies. Generally speaking, that is the worst choice possible. Why? Well, a first date is all about getting to know each other (in your cases, more in a romantic sense, as you've known each other for a little while now) and interacting. In a movie, there is generally not much real interaction. I am not saying you should never go to a movie for a date, but as a first date, it just doesn't do much.

Just my two Canadian cents. (I've been trying to get rid of those damn Canadian pennies since someone tossed them in my tip jar last week.)
              lol damn coins.

hmm we could always go and grab something to eat? or both haha.

usually when a group of us did stuff, we went to the movies then to the 24 hour diner after. so i technically can do both

of course...if he accepts.

*still crossing fingers*

Comment

Oh, there's more out there to do than just diners and movies. Seriously. Though if those are your only options (and I doubt it), go with the food. Because you can TALK over food. Your focus will be on each other, not a giant silver screen with explosions and unrealistic driving. (Sorry, just saw "Fast and Furious" last night.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

we'll have too see

Comment

I'm wondering what you want with a guy who, when drunk, hangs all over other girls.

So he does this AND has the emotional maturity of someone 10 years younger.

I'm thinking you should pass on this one.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      I'm wondering what you want with a guy who, when drunk, hangs all over other girls.
                      I have friends that get more snuggly when drunk. They don't mean it in a sexual way, they just get snuggly. Granted they don't do it with other girls when they have girlfriends.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Okay, kids, remember this: NASA sends signals. TV stations send signals. Radio towers send signals.

People, on the other hand, have emotions, feelings, and thoughts that really cannot be readily deciphered by signals we think we may or may not be receiving.

Of course, if the guy is 29 (by the timeline of your story) and he still can't manage to express interest in a girl in some coherent fashion, I have to wonder about him. A lot. I also have to wonder about a guy his age who is on the same maturity level of someone who just got the right to vote. But that's just me.
                      I agree with the first part. People interpret things differently and act differently and it makes things not always seem as they are.

As far as the communication thing, that's not necessarily a maturity thing. My dad is incredibly shy. He always has been. I myself have trouble sometimes getting started on an upsetting subject. Once it gets started it's not as much of a problem, but actually getting it started can be agonizing every so often.

Good luck with asking him out and let us know how it goes.
                      Last edited by Shangri-laschild; 04-22-2009, 03:36 PM.
                      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                        I have friends that get more snuggly when drunk. They don't mean it in a sexual way, they just get snuggly. Granted they don't do it with other girls when they have girlfriends.

I agree with the first part. People interpret things differently and act differently and it makes things not always seem as they are.

As far as the communication thing, that's not necessarily a maturity thing. My dad is incredibly shy. He always has been. I myself have trouble sometimes getting started on an upsetting subject. Once it gets started it's not as much of a problem, but actually getting it started can be agonizing every so often.

Good luck with asking him out and let us know how it goes.
                        i may have worded my story wrong. hes more of a snuggler type. its not lewd touching and im the only girl he does this too. if he tried anything that was a no-no, id let him know it

Comment

If this is your first foray into dating this guy (IF it's a date and didn't wind up inviting other people along, otherwise it's a group thing and there's no intimacy there), Like Jester said, I would skip the movie. Otherwise, afterwards at the diner, you just wind up talking about the movie.

XXDarrienX (who now no longer lives with us, but with this girlfriend in southern Houston) used to "date" this girl who worked at a movie theater so she got to see movies for free.

And that's all they did. See movies. At the end, they seemed to just go there separate ways. No a good date at all.

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                          My friends are that way too, but they tend to do it the the nearest body they can find. Boy, girl, teddy bear, goldfish.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

goldfish eh?

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              My friends are that way too, but they tend to do it the the nearest body they can find. Boy, girl, teddy bear, goldfish.
                              Whoa, whoa, whoa! You know Troy McClure?
                              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                              X