This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sad and scared

So my boss sits me down today and told me that the people that run the food court up stairs is taking over my store. I will be required(most likely) to wear a fucking uniform and hair net because they want to serve food and coffee. Fuck!!!
    I only have prepacked food in my store. And they are probadly going to change my fucking hours. I work monday theru friday 7:30-4,no weekends. And they manager upstairs is a fucking prick. Hes always yelling at the employees. The bad part is that if I quit before before July I lose all my built up vaction money.This money is what we get instead of vaction,its usually about 600.00. I'm just really scared shitless.I guess I could always go work with the mother in law. She runs the housekeeping department at one of the local hotels.

Maybe it won't be as bad as you fear.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Hey CSG. If you only have to make it to July pretend you're on some Survivor type show. "If I make it two months, whooo! $600 payout!!!" Hopefully it won't be as bad as you fear; although unknown change is never pleasant.

Comment

*offers hugs, comfort and herb tea*

I hope it won't be as bad as you fear.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Hey it's nearly June. By the time they get get permits sorted out, physical changes made etc. etc. July will be pretty much here already. In the meanwhile you can start getting ready to jump ship...
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

As for the hair net, I'm not entirely certain on the food service industry rules, especially in your area, but when I worked in a campus grill in Utah for a while a ponytail was sufficient hair restraint. I didn't need a hair net.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

It is currently the end of April. My June birthday is merely six weeks away. Which means, depending upon when in July you had planned on leaving the job, you are only nine to thirteen weeks or so from finishing up. Best case scenario: they take a while to get everything changed over, and it doesn't affect you much or at all. Worst case scenario: your worst fears are realized, it all sucks....but you still only have a few weeks to go!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X