This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Play offs

Wings swept the Blue Jackets and the Habs are out I hear.

This is the Wings at it's best this season:

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Detroit, meh. Not that fond of Detroit due to the pre-salary cap days. I do like Osgood though.

Philly on the other hand. I loath Philly. They're a special kind of asshole when they play. Not to mention the fans. Just, wow. >< Course I don't like a lot of Canucks fans either. But that's because they get in my way on the way to work =p

Kinda sucks the habs are out already though.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Philly on the other hand. I loath Philly. They're a special kind of asshole when they play. Not to mention the fans. Just, wow. ><
      Remember, Philly sports fans are the ones who booed Santa Claus.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The Habs are out indeed. And I am not happy. It's their hundredth season, FFS.
        Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth 411guy View Post
          The Habs are out indeed. And I am not happy. It's their hundredth season, FFS.
          Revenge for the 2002 Playoffs.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            Detroit, meh. Not that fond of Detroit due to the pre-salary cap days. I do like Osgood though.
            Oh, I'm used to being hated for extravagant spending. Chelsea did it, Detroit did it too, and we're still manipulating the cap.

Ossie's good. Well loved here, but I'm a bigger fan of Lidstrom. Hard to believe he's 38 now.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
              but I'm a bigger fan of Lidstrom. Hard to believe he's 38 now.
              An old man in hockey years. Not as old as Chelios, though. Good god!
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm holding my breath waiting for game 6 of the Devil's playoff round! They are neck and neck with Carolina! If the Devils win Sunday, they move forward!

Let's Go Devils!

Glad to see some more hockey fans coming out. My SO got me into it fairly recently...now I'm hooked!

I haven't watched Philly play, yet. But from what I hear, they aren't nicknamed the "Broad Street Bullies" for nothing.

For me, I've only seen a few Rangers games and I can't stand them. Avery is a special kind of jerk in my opinion. Although, I will grant that Lundqvist is an awesome goalie- gotta love watching him. Things get exciting around my state because there's lots of Rangers fans in the vicinity. Interesting rivalry.

As much as you say other teams fans are rude, I have to say NJ fans can be pretty rough. If you come to our stadium. a good chunk of fans will enthusiastically tell your players they "suck" as they enter the ice. Not to mention our goal scoring cheer of "Hey, you suck!" Or our rowsing chorus of "Rangers suck!" (whether they are playing or not). And then there's the, "If you think the Rangers suck then clap your hands" which I heard for the first time in playoff round 2. And I've yet to figure this one out, but I also heard a chorus of "Assssssshooooollle" somewhere during the course of game 2. Couldn't tell if it was for a bad call on the ref...something happening in a scuffle...not sure.

So- I won't say much about other team's fans. Our team may play a clean game, but us Devils fans are vicious.

(btw- I'm not one of the people that announces that the other team players "suck" as they enter the ice- not even the entire crowd participates- I think that's crossing a line)

Oh, the other thing we DON'T do, but I noticed Carolina fans doing is boo guys that got hurt as they walk off the ice. The couple games I've been to, the NJ fans are rude, but even we don't do that shit. (Game 3? against Carolina, there was a great deal of booing when Salvador took a high stick to the face and briefly left the ice BLEEDING. That was so uncool- a penalty that was called and resulted in an injury shouldn't be booed- and no matter whose team the guy is on, if he comes back out from a bleeding face, he deserves a cheer.)

Anyway. I'm loving watching the playoffs. This is a very exciting sport! I hope hope hope I get to go to a Round 2 game. This race is so close though, anything can happen. I think I'm going to be bald and have no fingers left by the time this round is over.

And while SO knows just about all there is to know about hockey, I welcome anyone who wants to talk about it to come talk at me! I'm interested in learning more, and if there's any Devils fans out there, I'm so excited to talk about the Devils games. (I've got my whole family watching with me now, and we have never ever watched any sport, ever in this house)
                Last edited by DesignFox; 04-25-2009, 02:59 AM.
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  An old man in hockey years. Not as old as Chelios, though. Good god!
                  Brendan Shanahan is 40.
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Locally, we got *fucked* when it came to the playoffs. Yep, the Pens lost last night. But, that isn't what I meant by getting fucked. Comcast had some issues...for the entire 2nd period! was that?
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      Locally, we got *fucked* when it came to the playoffs. Yep, the Pens lost last night. But, that isn't what I meant by getting fucked. Comcast had some issues...for the entire 2nd period! was that?
                      You sure it was Comcast? We had broadcast issues one night, too. THANKFULLY they resolved within a few moments, but I texted my SO and his feed was out, too. He has IO.

That's sadness though. With how fast the game goes, so much happens within seconds...I couldn't stand missing an entire period!

Comment

pens played like fecal matter the other night but the Cavs are up 3-0
                        The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

DesignFox, I'm not going to quote your entire post, as that's just too much. But a lot of the things you posted aren't unique to the Devils. Chanting "SUCKS" when an opposing player is announced is a common thing at Jets games. Chanting "asshole". Yea, did that in high school even. Or the Hey Song and sing "Hey, you suck!" No originality with Devils fans.
                          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Well, on the upside the Canucks swept the Blues 4-0. So, er, yay. -.-

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Remember, Philly sports fans are the ones who booed Santa Claus.
                              But they cheered Dave Bush for taking a no hitter into the 8th inning...

or were they cheering that he *didn't* get a complete game no hitter?
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                              X