X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies

Hands up who suffers from allergies?

*puts up hand* I've been noticing it every morning when I first wake up for the last week or so but today it finally hit.

I'm sensitive to pollen and dust (where I live is a freaking dust bowl) well not so much dust per say but the crap thats inside the dust and woke up this morning with a little troll hammering my nose from the inside.... its swollen and red and I'm puffy.... did I mention that a friend I haven't seen for nearly 10 years is coming through where I live on the train today. The FIRST person from NZ to visit me in Canada and I look like someone popped me in the nose!

So I go get my trusty allergy medication.... none left!!!!!

YAY spring, boo allergies *mumbles something about killing all the plants*

Stupid allergies!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

-raises hand- I'm dealing with it too. I love the spring and love where I live, because the main plant I'm allergic to really doesn't grow in the city, but I was out in the country the other day. White mustard grows EVERYWHERE at her house... and so I ended up sleeping for 14 hours straight last night/today cause I didn't feel good. Still have a nasty sinus headache

Comment

A friend of mine is dealing with very severe allergies right now - everybody's teasing her about being sick. I think the next person to ask her if she has the swine flu will get decked right in the chin.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
        I think the next person to ask her if she has the swine flu will get decked right in the chin.
        she should start oinking and then cough on them...woops sorry OINK!!!!
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I am allergic to my cats

And dust...so when (if) I clean, i get sick from the flying dust.
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I am allergic to everything airborne. I'm always a little snuffy, I literally cannot remember the last time I was completely uncongested.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I would be if I didn't know about this stuff. It's AWESOME.

Comment

I've got a weird set of allergies.

I'm allergic to ragweed. Luckily, there didn't seem to be any in Utah while I was doing my undergrad, and there doesn't seem to be as much here in CT either as was at home growing up.

I'm allergic to dandelion pollen, but only when I get a lot in my face. I know this because I've only had an allergic reaction the one time a friend and I were having a dandelion war in grade school during recess. We were popping dandelion heads at each other, and I got one of the worst cases of pollen allergies I've ever had.

I'm allergic to old (possibly moldy) dust. This is really only a problem when I'm cleaning out an area that hasn't been properly cleaned in a while. Then my eyes puff up and water and my nose gets all sniffly-runny. Ugh. If I'm not careful, I end up with a cough the next day thanks to my nose draining down the back of my throat all night. Worst sore throat ever.

I'm also allergic to one single cat in all of existence, who has since passed away. This cat gave everyone allergic reactions, so I wonder if there was something in the dander that he shed all over. The other cat in the house seemed perfectly hypoallergenic, and I've never had a reaction with any other furred critter ever.

At the moment, there's some mystery plant in the area that seems to be triggering pollen allergies on occasion, though I haven't been able to identify what yet. Not fun with contact lenses.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I had no idea I was allergic to rabbit fur until we bought two of them for the kids. I have dust allergies as well, plus on top of those I'm pregnant and my nose is not going to be clear again until November.

Comment

*unhappily raises hand* Don't get me started on allergies. Just...don't.
                    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      I would be if I didn't know about this stuff. It's AWESOME.
                      I have trouble not cracking up every time I see it. The word "Crom" conjures up images of Conan.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Ugh, I feel your pain. I think I should just declare myself allergic to life and try to move on. I'm allergic to several types of pollen, mold, dust, and grass, so spring is always unpleasant for me. I also am allergic to some foods (peanuts, shellfish) severely enough that touching them will send me into anaphylactic shock - so I have to be really careful if I eat out anywhere.

My current school dorm has mold in the walls, so I've been sick all semester.

The kicker? I'm also allergic to the numbing cream the doctor used on my arms before testing me for allergies. I broke out in hives before he could even do the tests.

Comment

I was tested for allergies when I was a wee lad.

*Dust
                          *Dust Mites
                          *Ragweed
                          *Pollen
                          *Dander

And then when I was a few years older, I found out I was allergic to latex.

Dust still triggers me to sneeze, but pollen/ragweed (I.E. outdoor springtime allergies) it's rare they bother me as much anymore.

Dander doesn't seem to affect me as much. If it's a long haired dog/cat (like my sister's Golden Retriever) I still get allergy eyes, otherwise I don't.

The worst time was at my Senior Prom. My allergies (didn't know it was them until the next week when I went to the doctor) had thrown off my inner ear so bad I was sick/dizzy instead of dancing and having a good time.

I was so out of it when I was walking down a hall with my GF (now wife) holding me upright and I saw myself in the mirror I wondered who in the hell had their hands all over my woman.

To this day I'm amazed I didn't die at my wedding (I was sick at Junior Prom as well)

Since the prom incident my allergies have died down considerably. Though ironically my wife's have gotten worse.

Comment

My allergies have actually gotten better. Still, they suck. Right now, it's raining out, and I'm sniffling and sneezing. Damn you, tree pollen! At least I'm not allergic to kitties
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
                              I also am allergic to some foods (peanuts, shellfish) severely enough that touching them will send me into anaphylactic shock
                              Please tell me you always, always, ALWAYS carry your epipen/anapen whereever you go...?
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X