Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I swear my picture is in the dictionary...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear my picture is in the dictionary...

...right next to "Gullible Idiot".

My mother-in-law calls me to day and asks where the local Humane society is (she's lives in a rural town that doesn't have one). Apparently, she found two kittens under her trailer and wants to drop them off. Me, being the aforementioned idiot, said, "Bring them over to our house."

Crap.

She brings them over and of course they're ADORABLE! Two mewling, big eyed, short-tailed little fuzzballs that can barely walk. My wife then comes home for lunch.

She says, and I quote, "ZOMGSOCUTEIWANTONETHEYRESOCUTE!!!"

Double Crap.

Don't get me wrong. I love cats and kittens. I would love nothing more than to take them both. But there's a problem. Rather, the same problem times two: Jinx and Cole, my older cats.

They've been hissing and doing their weird growling but haven't attacked. Jinx (my older and with a jealous streak a mile wide) refuses to be in the same room. I went back to cuddle him and he hissed at me (I smell like kitty).

Triple Crap.

My mother-in-law left them here at my insistence (see evidence above for the Idiot charge). They're in a big Rubber Maid tub with bedding food and litter. My wife and I will talk more about what to do with them when she comes home. We may send them to the Humane Society, but that is my extreme last resort. The Society is a very worthy cause, the local chapter being very passionate and loving to animals. But the local one is a dismal place (lack of funding). I got Jinx from there and all I could think as I was leaving is that I could never wish any animal to live there.

My wife took pictures and is going to show them around the office. Maybe she can find someone to take one or both.

Anyone in NE Kansas want a kitten?
    Attached Files
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

I would love them, but my apartment doesn't allow pets. Sorry! (I can't think of any friends that would want to adopt them either)
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

KITTIES!

kittieskittieskittieskittieskittieskittieskitties *gasp* kittieskittieskittieskittieskitties!

Ahem.

They're adorable. Is there a local rescue org you can list them with, or is the SPCA the only option?

Comment

I WANT!!!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Only the Human Society. And they do not have a No-Kill policy.

Comment

The black and white is sooo cute. well so is the other. Sadly, I live to the west of Kansas.
            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

-whimper-.... Can you get them to Louisville?

God I'm such a sucker

Comment

I know there are some no-kill shelters in JoCo, and I imagine there are a few in Topeka as well. I'm trying to think of the name of that one in Overland Park.....nope. Can't remember.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Well, we may end up keeping one. It's like freakin' Sophie's Choice but fuzzier. See what I have to work with???
                  Attached Files

Comment

Whatcha' gonna name 'em?
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, the black one was given to a good home The other one, we're not sure if we're keeping her or not.

Comment

They're so cute!!!! *melts from cute overload*
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I used to be part of a message board where one of the tounge in cheek rules was "No Fluffy Kittens!" I broke those rules several times and this would definitely be a rule breaker.
                          They're adorable and make me want a kitty, but I honestly have no room for one.

Comment

zomgkitties! *squeals*

Sooooooooo kewwwwwwte!!!

I'd take them if you lived in Australia...
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

*sigh* I just had to do something I didn't want. My wife and I decided that we couldn't afford another kitten (that and we were straining our lease enough). We couldn't find another person to take the last kitten.

So we took her to the Humane Society.

I feel like sh*t. I feel like I failed. My wife is feeling down, too. I'll be seeing those blue eyes for awhile. As I told my wife, "I hope she will forgive us."

Comment

Working...
                              X