This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really? like really really?

sooo they've decided in all their wisdom ( I don't actually know who "they" are but meh) that they are going to build another walmart in my city.. we aren't a big town... MAYBE 100,000 people, we already have one, a rather large one, on our hill ( whole town is basically from the top of a mountain down to the river and the north shore and up the river as well) but now they want to put in one of those "super" ones.. with a bakery and all that.. kind of annoying because there are a lot of local farmers and local stores ( mm there's this LOVELY italian bakery downtown best bread ever! and it's got a funny rhyming name *Fratelli's Deli*) i just find it annoying... 2 walmarts... *sigh*

/rant

They're like roaches, aren't they? I don't understand why they just don't rebuild or remodel the one already there instead of building a whole new store.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

My town is rumored to get a second Wal-Mart, but on the west side of town out by all the "luxury" apartment complexes and such. So I won't have to look at it.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

sadly enough people will be lazy/stupid enough to go to it

Comment

"We are Wal-Mart. You *will* be assimilated. Resistance is futile"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just how many of those stores do we really need? Locally, we had one Wal-Mart. Now, that one has been remodeled into a Sam's Club, and a new Wal-Mart store is perched on the hill. At least it's across the borough line...so the additional traffic and crime issues are *their* problem instead of ours

My borough got lucky--at roughly 2 square miles, there's not really much to build on. Even if there was...the citizens would quickly block stores like that. That's why Wal-Mart (who thought they could force their way in) had to build their stores in the neighboring borough.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

the town i work in (next town over from me) has a walmart, i could never imagine them putting up another one

though they just put up their 7th dunkin donuts, all in the same town....yes that many

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
              the town i work in (next town over from me) has a walmart, i could never imagine them putting up another one

though they just put up their 7th dunkin donuts, all in the same town....yes that many
              Guh us too. those and TGIFs....50 TGIFs and not one good resturant..

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
                Guh us too. those and TGIFs....50 TGIFs and not one good resturant..
                only 1 tgif around here that i know of lol

i really wish we had like 7 sonics

Comment

Well the stupid thing is the Original Walmart in sahali is only like less then 10 years old ! Go figure eh

Comment

In my opinion, 100,000 people is a very big city!

Bear in mind, though, I live in a city just under 70,000 people, surrounded by little podunk redneck towns between 500-5,000 people and one town of about 15,000.

I see no reason having a Wal-Mart in a city that big. There's only one Wal-Mart in the city I live in, and it's so ancient and dirty, no self checkouts, a nasty Subway......but the newer Wal-Mart is placed in one of the smaller towns. Go figure.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      Even if there was...the citizens would quickly block stores like that. That's why Wal-Mart (who thought they could force their way in) had to build their stores in the neighboring borough.
                      The citizens in a nearby town (my city is sprawling and has overtaken several smaller cities over the years. This other town might as well be part of my city.) tried to block a Wal-Mart being built. After 3-4 years of fighting, the new store got built. Still not sure how they managed it.
                      TANSTAAFL

Comment

Sheboygan, Wisconsin has 2 Wal-Mart Supercenters and a population of about 50,000.

Also the Wal-Mart Supercenter in my city is being remodeled again and probably having self-checkouts put in, judging from the scars on the floor where a couple registers used to be.

This would be a good thing. On those few occasions I went there to shop for anything, I could avoid all contact with the employees.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The town I live in is about 100,000 people ( 10% of my states population). It has two Super Walmarts and a third about 5 miles down the interstate in a much smaller town.
                          They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                            In my opinion, 100,000 people is a very big city!
                            100,000 is big...but not very big. Pittsburgh, PA is about 350,000...with about 2.5 million in the metro area Still sucks that we've lost about *half* our population since 1950 But, at least the *Wal-Mart population has been held in check
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My hometown is 311,000 and change. I believe there is only 1 Walmart. But I think Californians hate Wallyworld; maybe that's why. Here in Wisconsin it's Walmart Central Station.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X