This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE LONGEST TWO HOURS EVER!!

So today was my last day before vacation. I'm off all next week, then the following Monday is a holiday so I don't go back to work until the 26th. From 3:00 until 5:00 was the longest freakin' two hours ever! But now I'm finally free.

And in the immortal words of Daffy Duck...

WOO-HOO! WOO-HOO! WOO-HOO!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

In a perfect world, we'd all be independently wealthy, and not have to work at these kinds of jobs. Every day would be a vacation.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
      In a perfect world, we'd all be independently wealthy, and not have to work at these kinds of jobs. Every day would be a vacation.

That would drive me crazy 0.o Believe it or not, I LIKE to work. I don't like staying home all the time. Now, if I were independently wealthy, I'd probably be able to do a lot more than just sit home, but yeah. Congrats on the vacation BE Mine won't come til January, but then it will SOOOO be worth it!

Comment

Oh, yeah, I'm not actually going anywhere. And watching my boss leave at 3:45 didn't help .

I have big plans - I want to clean my apartment. But not today. It's almost 3 and I'm still in my bathrobe. But then, it's Saturday.

I'm supposed to be going to see Star Trek on Tuesday but I have to check with my friend and see if that's still happening. She told me about it a couple weeks ago but I haven't talked to her since.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
          That would drive me crazy 0.o Believe it or not, I LIKE to work. I don't like staying home all the time. Now, if I were independently wealthy, I'd probably be able to do a lot more than just sit home, but yeah. Congrats on the vacation BE Mine won't come til January, but then it will SOOOO be worth it!
          When you look at it that way, I could keep plenty busy pursuing my education. I'm studying information systems and accounting, and I'm really growing to like programming projects and accounting problems. I know that makes me a nerd, but whatever. I also took a work-study job as a tour guide at a natural history museum and fossil site operated by the university, and I seem to be doing well there because I've always been interested in science. I spend a lot of my time there educating the public, particularly school groups, about fossils and paleontology as I learn about it. It's quite fascinating work for me even though it doesn't really pertain to my studies. If I ever did become independently wealthy, I most likely would bury myself in projects like that. I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time working at the convenience store waiting on sucky customers, and dealing with the nitwits in upper management like I have to now. I'm just sad that my work-study contract at the museum will end for the year in a few days. I'm glad for some time off school for the summer, but I'll probably be ready to go back by August since summer also means spending more time working at the c-store. All signs indicate that I'll most likely be one of the first work-study students rehired by the museum when the budget allows it once again in the fall.
          Last edited by aurelemsrealm; 05-18-2009, 03:42 AM.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
          X