This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Asshole Tax

In my wildest fantasies, I see our company instituting an Asshole Tax, calculated thusly:

If you hit on me, the tax is the equivalent of the numbers of years difference between my age and yours, as a percentage. For example, the cost for the 70 year-old man hitting on me today would be 39% (70 years minus 31 years).

You will be taxed 1% for every 10 seconds beyond 60 seconds it takes you to count out your coins if choosing to pay with change, especially if the cashier can see bills in your wallet. The tax will be multiplied by the number of people in line behind you. Example: The lady (with a wallet full of twenties) who took 3 minutes to count the change for her purchase today would be charged a 36% tax (12 ten-second periods, multiplied by three for the number of people waiting for her to finish).

The No-Bag-Yes-Bag-Three-Bags-Please tax: A 10% surcharge will be added to your bill for every time you change your mind about whether or not you need a frickin' bag.

Now add your own....

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

The There-and-Back-Again tax calculated as thus: You will be taxed 10% for each time you "forget something" (f) at the register and go back. Multiplied by number of items you "don't need"(n).
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

The "You-Don't-Have-[BLANK]-Discount?!" tax will be inverse whatever discount you wanted

Comment

The 5% tax added for if you make a snide remark if the cashier asks you how you are doing or some other form of friendly greeting that you could either choose to politely ignore or utter some polite response - but, if you choose the option where you make some snarky remark that borders on the rude - 5%.

The 15% unruly child tax. If your child is tearing up the "impulse" items in the cashiering area or climbing all over the racks and all you do is giggle, smile, and mention how cute they are - 15% tax added.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Does this mean I'd get a discount for hitting on you since if we subtract my age from yours we get -3?
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

10% "you people" tax: 10% added to purchase for every use of the term "you people."

This rule would bankrupt some of my former customers in 5 minutes flat.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Does this mean I'd get a discount for hitting on you since if we subtract my age from yours we get -3?
              Only if you're an asshole.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

The Cat Butt Face tax : for every time you make that horrible face when told no about anything, automatic +10% of your total purchase.
                "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

An improper vehicle tax, $20 for each item I'm unable to fit your vehicle, payable directly to me.

5% tax for asking me "Are you going to come over to my place and put it together for me? Hyuk hyuk hyuk!"

15% tax for accusing me of suspecting you of shoplifting when I ask to see your receipt. I know you didn't steal the merchandise. I have to sign your receipt as a matter of policy.

10% tax for getting all huffy and sigh-y and foot tappy when I have to wait a little while for a service desk person or a manager to sign off on your duplicate receipt. LP's watching to make sure I'm doing this, you know.

Garbage Tax: $10 for every piece of trash you leave behind in your shopping cart when you leave that I have to pick out and throw away so customers don't bitch about trash in our shopping carts. Also $10 for every drink cup, candy wrapper, potato chip bag, or other detritus that you just drop someplace in the store for me to pick up.

Sewer Tax: The entire monetary contents of your wallet, purse and/or pockets if you leave me a disgusting shit mess to clean up in the restroom.

Stupid Driver Tax: 15% for the two motorists who played crunchy-crunchy bumpers right in front of my car, and thus I had to wait for one of them to move their vehicle since they, plus a car in the space behind me, had me blocked completely in.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

15% tax of how much you paid the doctor when you send in a jar of urine not properly sealed and has leaked in the bag, add another 5 % for every other specimen that is spoiled by said urine.

50% tax if you send in a faeces jar and said jar is smeared in your feaces, a full 100%, 50 for us and 50 for the courier driver, if your runny poo has leaked out of the jar and has not only made the couriers car smell but also our part of the lab.
                    Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Genuine rip off tax: 20% if you claim our prices are "a rip off". Another 20% if you expect me to agree with you.

Seriosuly, if you want to pay supermarket prices, go to a supermarket. They're not open at 11pm? I guess that's why we charge more than they do!

Comment

Cellphone Tax - coming through the drive-thru or to the front register with it glued to your head - 15%

Passenger Tax - anyone other than the driver ordering at the speaker - 20%; children - 30% (does not include those who need a translater)
                        "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Lame Joke Tax - 1% + Additional 1% for each time you've heard that today.
                          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

The I-Forgot-My-Coupon-Give-Me-One-Anyways Tax: The extra tax will depend on the percentage of the coupon that is offered this week if it was actually brought in with the ad. Example: If there's a 40% coupon this week with the ad, you'll be charged an extra 40% if you ask to use one if you ask to use one without your copy.
                            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              I'm thinking that that one is based on the absolute value, so.....no.

10% if your credit card is not signed. 20% if you are the least bit disagreeable when I ask for ID.

5% tax for "Do you work here?" no matter what.

2% tax for each item you change your mind on/don't have the money for at the register. Yes, this one has the potential to snowball.

25% tax for haggling.

50% tax for expecting tech services to be free.

20% tax on your next visit if you try to get in when the store is closed.
                              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                              X