This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWIES!!!

Last night immediately after cooking dinner, I grabbed a sausage right off the grill. Bit into it and it squirted hot fat right onto the roof of my mouth.

So now my mouth is one big blister, which is making it difficult to eat.

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    Last night immediately after cooking dinner, I grabbed a sausage right off the grill. Bit into it and it squirted hot fat right onto the roof of my mouth.

I frequently grill up a week's worth of meat in one go to keep the kitchen cool. So on my grilling day, I'll skip lunch and just "sample" a few of the items as I'm cooking them. Steaks, chicken, burgers, etc. grasped with the tongs and torn into with barbaric gusto right off the coals. No problem. Bratwurst? Problem. Did it ONCE.

You'll be relieved to know that the swelling and blister dies down in two days or so. Try not to fiddle with it with your tongue.

Comment

sms has it right. No fiddling with your tongue. You accidentally pop that sucker and yeah...UNpleasant.

and I do the same thing, big batch cooking on one day to last me for the week. Today is that day! I've got burgers ready to make and a marinade for chicken getting whipped up. Breaking out the George Foreman. Fun times.

edible_hat, sorry about your injury. suck on some ice, might help numb it up, but if eating's difficult, soft foods are the way to go, methinks.

Comment

ewwwww.. now drinking my coffee is going to be uber difficult. Sorry about ur injury tho. It must be really uncomfortable and squishy
        Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Did you get someone to kiss it better???

The worst burn I've ever had, which has left a scar 20 years later, was a piece of capsicum from a stirfry... yes - believe it or not!
          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I remember sticking molten sugar to the roof of my mouth... At the same time my best friend did...

We'd gotten home extremely hungry and made real cinnamon toast.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I do that with hot pizza a lot. And then I wind up with floppy blister leavings on the roof of my mouth.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I do that with hot pizza a lot. And then I wind up with floppy blister leavings on the roof of my mouth.
                Same here.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                X