Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that a clean item I'm using or buying?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a clean item I'm using or buying?

With some of the stories I've read, it makes me want to wash anything I buy or use at a store, or public place of business. For example, I was at a gas station a few years ago on my way back to Jacksonville from Pompano Beach. It was a pretty hot day and the love bugs were out. So, I pulled in to a gas station for a fill up and decided I would clean my windshield of the love bugs. Just as I finished gassing up my car, I was on my way over to get the squeegee for my windshield. This guy next to me, with his girlfriend, took it from the bin, and I thought okay. I'll wait while he finishes cleaning up his windshield. This guy was dirty and barefoot, looking as if he'd come from the beach. Next thing I know and see, he started cleaning his feet with the squeegee! First of all, how does this guy think he's cleaning his feet with a squeegee that other people have used to clean dirt and grime from their windows? And, did I want to put this man's foot diseases on my windshield? Hell, no! I decided to drive the rest of the way home with the lovebugs and just clean them when I got home.

Same thing with clothing or bathroom towels. I saw a guy in a JCPenney once sneeze, then rub his nose on one of their towels on display!

Makes you wonder what their homes look like, doesn't it?

I was in a store in the mall and was checking out these cool chopsticks that you put in your hair. Imagine my disgust when some woman picks up one and starts cleaning under her fingernails with it. She then immediately starts to use the same one to pick something out of her teeth I go to the clerk and point out the pig who is now using the chopstick to clean out her ear. Let's just say I was not buying a chopstick from that store anytime soon.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

express it with me now:

look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Why do those people think that's acceptable behavior???

Icky icky icky.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This just makes me think of all those customers who seem to think that if they actually set their clothing items down on the conveyer belt, they'll get filthy, so they insist on handing them directly to me or piling them on the very small check counter instead (which is a lot more irritating and doesn't have room for anything). I usually keep my mouth shut, but often times I'm grumbling inside because:

A) my hands are often just as dirty as the conveyer belt, due to handling the merchandise that got the belt dirty in the first place and not having a convenient place to go wash my hands off.

B) the belt is often cleaner than my hands, due to me having just wiped it down with the cleaning spray. This tricks some customers into thinking it's dirty because it still looks damp, when it's probably only been cleaner once (on the day it was first installed).

C) goodness-knows-what has gotten on that clothing item just from it being on the salesfloor (sometimes quite literally, as customers knock stuff off the racks and don't pick it up), and it's been tried on by any number of customers before so-and-so brought it up to the register to purchase.

Just wash your new clothes when you get home, folks! You only get sympathy from me if you're keeping your clothes out of a pile of automotive chemicals on the belt or keeping it from getting stained by a spill of food. Flour won't ruin your clothing; neither will a bit of milk or, worse, water.

And really, you don't want to know where my hands have been since I washed them on my last break. ::brandishes dirty register hands::
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Can windscreens actually catch foot diseases? I mean, you don't eat off your windscreen, or run your tongue over it very often, so whats the difference between some guy scraping gunk off his nasty dirty feet, and someone scraping gunk off their nasty dirty windscreen?
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
              Can windscreens actually catch foot diseases? I mean, you don't eat off your windscreen, or run your tongue over it very often, so whats the difference between some guy scraping gunk off his nasty dirty feet, and someone scraping gunk off their nasty dirty windscreen?
              I don't think it was that the glass would catch something...but the next person simply didn't want to handle the item afterwards. There's a difference between road grime, and foot funk
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                I'm sorry, think what you want, but I would rather put on someone's used underwear than put on or use something their nasty, fungusy, dirty, stinky ass feet touched or were in. That includes the windshield on my car. I take pride in what I drive, and I refuse to contaminate it with someone's Athelete's Foot or whatever else they may have.

Comment

I think somebody cleaning his feet off is the least of your worries in regards to a squegee at the gas station.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                    I think somebody cleaning his feet off is the least of your worries in regards to a squegee at the gas station.

Maybe so, but if he's doing that sort of thing, it makes me wonder what other nasty habits this guy has. Does he also wash his hands with a squeegee, then rub the nasty, dirty, water on the handle when he cleans his feet? I see I've created a monster here. Lots of opinions on this one.
                    Last edited by greensinestro; 11-28-2006, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
                      Unless it's something like socks, that are in a sealed package, everything goes straight in the laundry.
                      I know there are pesticides on clothing/shoes because most are made in tropical places. I don't know if they do that to packaged items, but I wash them first, too, just in case.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                        I was in a store in the mall and was checking out these cool chopsticks that you put in your hair. Imagine my disgust when some woman picks up one and starts cleaning under her fingernails with it. She then immediately starts to use the same one to pick something out of her teeth I go to the clerk and point out the pig who is now using the chopstick to clean out her ear. Let's just say I was not buying a chopstick from that store anytime soon.
                        That's nasty. Makes me wonder if this is the same person my father saw once at Winn Dixie. This woman had these long, nasty looking nails, like those from one that chain smokes. With these long, nasty looking nails, she was poking her finger into the meats through the cellophane, and when my dad said something to her, she replied, "Oh, I was just making sure it was fresh." Gah!

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          And really, you don't want to know where my hands have been since I washed them on my last break. ::brandishes dirty register hands::
                          SO true. I don't think anything is dirtier than a cashier's hands after a long shift.

I'd wash my hands the first possible second I was off the till. Some people used to eat finger food while working at the till, between customers. Ew! My hands never even got near my mouth while I was handling cash.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I always wash my new clothes before i wear them, ESPECIALLY undies. I have friends who will buy undies, open the package, and put them on..EEEWWWW! that's just nasty to me. Same goes for sheets and towels and other bedding. i have a lot of allergies, and if i don't, i will itch to death.

i am constantly washing my hands, and all i do at work is fold and hang clothes, adn ring people up, but they get so grimy and nasty...

Comment

Sort-of-related:
                              My grandmother is currently in the hospital, and her stomach had been left open after surgery in case of any complications. Well, one of my aunts (an in-law to the family) went back to visit with my grandmother. This particualr aunt has a blanket (now just a tattered rag) that she has had since childhood, never been washed, carries it around with her all the time and sucks her thumb and holds it on her face when she's nervous (think Linus).

She took this nasty, diseased rag back into the room where my grandmother was and starts - you guessed it - sucking her thumb and holding it on her face.
                              And now my grandmother has a staph infection, and I fear my other relatives and I do too.
                              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                              X