Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Self-Employed Digital Artist

I've had all of those troubles as well, minus the french one and the written down one.

Our policy is also one coupon per customer and then they tried getting smart and wanting us to ring up each order seperately so they could use more than one coupon. Luckily our manager/store owner put a stop to that little loophole and told us to tell them "One coupon per customer per visit."

There's a reason for that
Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Photoshop=/=Gandalf

Default There's a reason for that

The reason most people only see the "FREE WHATEVER" and almost never bother reading the rest of it - (and I hate to sound like an anarchy hound) the company figures that the "FREE WHATEVER" coupon will get them into the store, if they're in the store they'll buy stuff (especially stuff with coupons). Most companies, and corps figure that if someone buys something with a coupon, more than likely they'll buy other things while they're there that'll make up for the lost profits... It's stupid and horrible logic if you ask me, they obviously don't realize that if something is marked FREE - that's probably the only thing the customer's going to want.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Cashier

Geez, what was the last guy thinking if he thought he could get away with it with such a cheap, silly trick?

Anyways, when I was a grocery store cashier back in 2004, I remembered this lady who would continuously fake coupons using her computer. Often they were store coupons for products that we had on sale previous months or even years, and I knew which products were on sale that particular week. Many of these coupons actually said "(c) 2002" when she tried to use them in 2004. I also noticed that some of them were one color on one side and the other in another different color. Management told us that our real coupons were all the same color on both sides.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
SC: But it says Free Sub!
Me: Free Sub with the purchase of another 6-inch of equal or greater value.
SC: Free Sub!

Free sub! free sub! free sub!!
Repeating it doesnt make it so
Ahh. Made me chuckle.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Now part-Koffing! (:DOX)

Quote:
Quoth chocoBug View Post

Free sub! free sub! free sub!!
Repeating it doesnt make it so
Ahh. Made me chuckle.
Maybe it was an attempt at the Jedi Mind Trick?

Now responsible for your children

Old 07-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

This reminds me. Recently at the wholesale club, TWICE in one day (a couple hours apart) I had customers asking, with utter seriousness, if they could use the same coupon for multiple items.

Both times I told them, "Unless the coupon states otherwise, it's Limit One." And one of those times, the SM was there and confirmed what I was saying.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth TheTigress View Post
I've had all of those troubles as well, minus the french one and the written down one.

Our policy is also one coupon per customer and then they tried getting smart and wanting us to ring up each order seperately so they could use more than one coupon. Luckily our manager/store owner put a stop to that little loophole and told us to tell them "One coupon per customer per visit."
we've not had this yet, surprisingly.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
SC: You racists....
Me: (The SC is white)

What is it with people immediately pulling the racist card.
This is simply a manipulation technique. The concept is to put the target on the defensive. Here's a video on that.
Quote:
Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
I must say, that last guy has got some BALLS!
Or like the dumb criminals we hear so much about, he honestly believed he could get away with it.

We all have coupon stories and discounts, but; your faker takes the cake.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 12-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Repair Monkey

Wink

I had something similar today, actually.

Guy came up to my register at the pharmacy, with a cutout from one of our circulars. Buy a Gillette razor or 4 pack of blades at $9.99, get an $8 coupon. The cutout consisted of the ad itself (which apparently had been located at the bottom of the page), plus, for some reason, the entire bottom strip from the page it had been a part of, with all the disclaimers and random numbers.

... Except the 4 pack of blades were ringing up at $10.99, the ad was showing packaging last used a year ago, and I could not find the deal in the current circular *anywhere.*

SC: "But it doesn't have a date on it!"
Me: "Sir, I cannot honor a deal I can't verify. Is there a sign where you got this from?"
SC: "Why should there be, you'll take this right now!"
Me: "... Because all our *current* sales should have a tag in front of the item?"

I ended up getting a manager, who backed me completely in refusing to honor the "deal." The guy stomped out, less than happy to have had his little scam figured out.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Children's Librarian

I agree with all of them, SC, except for the one in French. I get coupons frequently in Spanish. I don't read spanish, but if the coupon is published in your area, and in NY we get spanish coupons, the store really needs to accept it.
Closed Thread