This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray for polite kids!

Had a customer come through my line tonight with a little girl, probably no older than 10 would be my guess. Said girl was quiet and well-mannered, and helped bag up the groceries without even being asked (or, if she was asked by her mom - I don't remember now - did so with no fuss whatsoever). I made a point of thanking the little girl for her help. I like it when I meet nice kids like that. Most kids (the rude ones, anyway) I run across make me want to drop-kick 'em into orbit.
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

I love the teenagers that come through with their parents, and just stand there whilst mum does all the work (dad rarely does it, of course ). They get yelled at, and it's funny. Stoopid kids.
    God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Amethyst...thank you for sharing that story. I love to hear when kids behave well, considering how many awful ones I've dealt with.

It reminded me of the last time I went to the movie theatre...

My husband and I went to matinee showing of Chronicles of Narnia. We got there a bit early and I went to the upstairs lobby so I could enjoy the view out their panoromic plate glass mirrors. Where I met two brothers...I'm guessing about 10 and 6 or thereabouts.

We struck up a conversation about movies and both children were incredibly well behaved. I told him what movie I was going to see, and the eldest said, "Oh, I saw that last week!" and then wanted to share about the movie. BUT before proceeding, he said, "Oh, I don't want to spoil it for you. Is it ok to talk about it?"

OMG. 10 years old and he already knew not to spoil movies. I told him I had read the entire series when I was his age so if he wanted to talk about it to go right ahead. We spent a few more minutes chatting about movies and dragons, and then his grandmother came out of the restroom and they went to their seats.

Lovely.

Comment

Quoth Maevis View Post
        OMG. 10 years old and he already knew not to spoil movies.
        A buddy of mine was twice that age, and didn't seem to know that. A bunch of us went out to a movie together, which was based on a book that my friend had already read.

Five minutes into the movie, he points out a guy on the screen, and tells us, "That's the killer!"

There was almost another murder in the theater that night...
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

i am surprised when i am polite to someone and they are actually polite back. i find it confusing. i am used to whoever i am being polite to looking right through me and not responding,or staring scornfully down their nose at me as i am only a walmart employee and a janitor at that,making me pure shit compared to them.

Comment

Working...
          X